Hey guys I bought a storm 2 about 5 weeks ago, and it has been a nightmare. I have had 5 replacements, so they finally offered me to try a different phone. I chose the Tour. Everyone happy so far? Hows the trackball?
    02-13-10 11:58 AM
    I went the other way. I had a Tour for 25 days and switched it out for a Storm2. The Tour is a great device and I had NO trouble with the trackball.

Folks seem to either love or hate the Storm2. I like the big screen and have very little trouble typing on the screen although I haven't been able to type as fast as I did with the Tour.

Good luck with your new phone.
    02-13-10 12:04 PM
    The trackballs had some issues in the beginning. It seems they don't have the same kind of "texture" as the other balls (curve-balls for example) do. Whatever was going on with them its been taken care of. Yours should be okay.

You will love the tour! Keep with it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 12:12 PM
    I've had the Tour for about 2 weeks, and am in love. No trackball issues so far. (knock on wood!) Went to a Tour from a Pearl. What a world of difference for me! I don't care for touch screen stuff yet so chose Tour over Storm 2.
    02-13-10 03:26 PM
    I've experienced none of the reported issues with the S2, with one important exception: the sticking bottom button key. Reports of the leaked OS's indicate that these fix the problem, but I'm waiting for an official update. Meanwhile, it's not something I can't live with.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of people that have gripes about the Tour, in fact, there are plenty of people that have gripes about virtually every phone that comes out. You can NOT, I repeat, CAN NOT, go by the responses you get here because it is simply not an accurate reflection of what is really (or not really) going on with any particular device. It is but a sampling and as many have pointed out, we tend to hear only from those who scream the loudest.

I guess I'd look at it this way: Think about the reasons you originally elected to get an S2. Large, brilliant display, touch screen, etc., are gone with the Tour, but of course, the Tour might offer you things that you did not get on the Storm. I looked at the Tour when VZW first got it and was not impressed. Not to say it's a bad device, only that it did not give me a thrill
    02-13-10 04:15 PM
    I went from storm 1 to tour. I was worried about giving up my touchscreen as I've had touchscreens since verizon started offering them. Best move I made. The Tour is a great phone and I love it

02-13-10 05:15 PM
    Hey guys I bought a storm 2 about 5 weeks ago, and it has been a nightmare. I have had 5 replacements, so they finally offered me to try a different phone. I chose the Tour. Everyone happy so far? Hows the trackball?

I went from Tour to Storm2 back to the Tour..havent looked back. 5.0 on the Tour makes it worth it.
    02-13-10 06:13 PM
    Id go with the tour
    02-13-10 06:47 PM
    Stick with the Tour. I switched from a Storm2 to the Tour, many many issues with the S2, 4 replacements in 2 weeks, now going on 5th week with the Tour, and 0 replacements. Some minor trackball issues, but nothing that can't be dealt with. Tour will keep you out of anger management

02-14-10 12:40 AM
    Well the story changed again!!! They tried to get me a different device, but apparently they said they couldn't do it. So i'm getting ANOTHER storm 2. Thinking about using it until the tour 2 comes a long then selling it (as long as there is nothing wrong with it). LOL WHO KNOWS!!! Thanks for the help everyone!
    02-14-10 01:01 AM
    Well the story changed again!!! They tried to get me a different device, but apparently they said they couldn't do it. So i'm getting ANOTHER storm 2. Thinking about using it until the tour 2 comes a long then selling it (as long as there is nothing wrong with it). LOL WHO KNOWS!!! Thanks for the help everyone!
    either way, Tour 2 and Storm 2 are the same exact phone. One being a touchscreen, the other being a QWERTY. It all depends what you like having most, a Touch screen or qwerty, both phones are exactly the same otherwise
    02-14-10 07:03 AM
    I love my tour but my carrier is just getting the S2 this month, and I thought about looking at it for the bigger screen (watch alot of shows and movies on it) but I think I would miss the qwerty! I can type so fast on the tour.

D
    02-14-10 09:41 AM
    Love my Tour. I've had a Storm 2, Droid, and Eris all within the past 3 months and I like the Tour the best. While you give up some screen real estate and multimedia capabilities, the Tour is the most reliable phone/messaging device of the bunch.
    02-14-10 01:21 PM
    I've had my Tour since July 09 and haven't any problems with it. My wife has a storm 1 and it works good. I wouldn't trade with her though. It is a matter of preference since the Storm 2 and the Tour have the same capabilities. Get the Tour 2 when it comes out.
    02-15-10 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD