Hi everyone. I've got a question for you. Currently I've got a tour which I upgraded to on new every 2. I want a touch screen phone but I'm not sure which phone to get either storm 2 or droid when it comes out. The thing is is that I'd have to buy either phone full retail. I can buy the storm 2 online at $400 or a little less. The droid is goigpng to be more expensive for sure. I'm very good technical wise. They both have similar features. I love my bb and messenger and whatnot. What is everyones opinion here just curious. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:14 AM
    in my opnion, I'd say keep the Tour. The Tour is a better phone then either one of those phones.

BUT.. if u have to get a touch screen, I'd go with another blackberry since you already know the blackberry operating system and we dont know how the droid is going to last when it comes out, it could be buggy as ****
    10-30-09 08:24 AM
    in my opnion, I'd say keep the Tour. The Tour is a better phone then either one of those phones.

BUT.. if u have to get a touch screen, I'd go with another blackberry since you already know the blackberry operating system and we dont know how the droid is going to last when it comes out, it could be buggy as ****
    You're kidding right? In what way is the tour better? Buggy? Maybe. Buggier than the Storm? **** NO!
    10-30-09 08:26 AM
    I am in the same predicament. I am looking to upgrade from the storm1. I am highly considering the driod but am worried about its interface. Blackberry has done a great job with user friendly capabilities and business driven phones.

Also the storm2 two is extremly over rated. I have the storm1 running 5.0 and its probably almost the same minus the new touch screen, wi-fi(which is apparently having issues), and on board device memory.

I personal would go with the driod (obviously go to the store and play with one first) or wait for the curve2 or tour2 to come out!!!!

Best of Luck.
    10-30-09 08:29 AM
    I say stick with the Tour!
    10-30-09 08:43 AM
    To the OP. Depends on your needs in a device. Look at them both and make YOUR choice. Droid will be out soon. Wait and try them both in a store. Better yet if you are not sure, then wait till both are released and monitor the feedback. again bottom line is, what device meets the needs of what you are doing.
    10-30-09 08:53 AM
    I would stick with the tour too!!! I love mine!!! I also thought about switching, but then I asked myself WHY! What I have is good enough.... I use to have a touch and after a while it gets annoying--
    10-30-09 09:18 AM
    You're kidding right? In what way is the tour better? Buggy? Maybe. Buggier than the Storm? **** NO!
    as someone said before on another post.. tour is the top end model of all bb's
    10-30-09 09:19 AM
    There are a couple reviews of the droid up and they're universally great. I'm ready to switch. The tour is ok and functional (the storm sucked) but android appeals to me. In the last year I've been through 4 storms and 3 tours, so I hope motorola can make a better phone than rim can.

10-30-09 10:39 AM
    Since you just got the Tour I would say wait. When you really think about it, if you're ready to upgrade already, you'll want to upgrade when the next Storm comes out, or the next Droid generation comes out. So, why not wait? That way, you will get a device that has had more research done on it, and is more improved. It's hard not to buy into the hype I know, and it sometimes can be challenging to keep a phone when these new phones are coming out that will "make you cooler" but honestly after a short time that dies down, and if you're a techy of any sort, you'll want to upgrade when the next big thing comes out! I would wait if I were you. Also, waiting could also be a benefit by allowing Verizon to pump out it's LTE network. Or 4G, whatever they are calling it.
    10-30-09 10:47 AM
    Yeah I hear what everyone here is saying and I've thought about everything. The one thing that I enjoy doing on my tour is playing mp4 movies on it(I'm using a 16 gig card). The tours screen is a bit on the small side and isn't ideal for watching movies unfortunatyely. Also there's NO dedicated youtube app for me which I love. The storm 2 for me seems faster. Yes it has 5.0 but as well, its got the better mechanics under the screen for typing accuracy which are important. As for wifi, there is a fix supposedly from verizon to remedy this. Another thing is that I'm the type of person to run a few apps all at once and I don't want tostart having my phone bog doen on me. Suppoisedly the droid can handle this and has more RAM and memory. More apps available for it from what I've heard but can't verify that yet. The browser on the droid does seem faster and should be able to support flash sometime in the future. With the storm 2 we all know its up to opera mini 5. I'm all about multi tasking. The tours keyboard is good but the storms new keyboard is good and the droid will have both touch and physical heyboard.

10-30-09 11:31 AM
    Are you sure you want touch screen? I've tried them, but they're pain in the arse...doesn't matter which one either. Keep the tour or wait for tour2. Physical keyboard are soo east and fast to type on. Let us know what you end up doing.

10-30-09 11:41 AM
    Yeah I know what you mean but I've tried speed testing the storm 2 keyboard for accuracy and its done pretty well. Better than I expected it to do. The droid will have a physical keyboard even though its extremely flat its stil a keyboard and its got the virtual keyboards as well. Mmm..not sure. I do like my tour but I also love the interaction that the touch screen gives you as well plus better graphics and resolution.

10-30-09 11:51 AM
    I'm sticking with my BlackBerry. I upgraded from my beloved Curve 8330 to the Tour a couple of weeks ago. Since I still have a few days to decide, I may play with the Storm2. However, either way, I'm staying with a BlackBerry because...

Push mail via IMAP Idle is not yet available on the Android platform. Push mail is only available via Google Mail (Gmail/Google Apps), ActiveSync (in Android 2.0) and MS Exchange.

No push mail is a deal breaker for me.
    Last edited by wrightpc; 10-30-09 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Grammar correction
    10-30-09 11:52 AM
    Yeah I know that. That's the one big draw back to the android as well. I love my bb for that main reason and bbm of course.

10-30-09 12:27 PM
    even though the droid looks nice, that slide out keyboard is deal breaker to me. the keyboard looks very keep and all reviews have pointed out the keyboard has very little feedback feel to it, so is a little difficult to type on.

slide out keyboards just dont do it for me, I'd be scared to break it in half somehow, especially how they say its the thinest of any phone. I'm sure we will see lots of droids broken in half by the keyboard.
    10-30-09 01:41 PM
    I don't own a tour, but my friend has a motorola q and let me tell you, the motorola has the worst user interface ever. That phone plain sucks. I would imagine all phones made by motorola have crap interfaces too.

10-30-09 01:49 PM
    To the OP. Depends on your needs in a device. Look at them both and make YOUR choice. Droid will be out soon. Wait and try them both in a store. Better yet if you are not sure, then wait till both are released and monitor the feedback. again bottom line is, what device meets the needs of what you are doing.
    +1 for lastraid

I got the Tour on release after having a Storm for about 6 months. The storm was good for me. I didn't have any problems with it, but I missed the physical keyboard. The Tour has been great. I went wednesday and played with the Storm 2 and after about 15 minutes I had to have it. I'm not a fan of any other phones besides BlackBerry, but that's just me. Lastraid said it best with "look at them both and make YOUR choice".
    10-30-09 01:54 PM
    Droid is a totally different OS.

I don't own a tour, but my friend has a motorola q and let me tell you, the motorola has the worst user interface ever. That phone plain sucks. I would imagine all phones made by motorola have crap interfaces too.

10-30-09 01:54 PM
    Just played with the droid at verizon and I didn't care for the hardware of the phone. The keyboard slide out seemed cheap it wasn't spring loaded so you have to slide the entire board out physically. The touch screen and the os were very nice and easy to use I did like the screen keyboard was very easy to type on. I didn't have that much time with it as I would have liked but its a nice phone it just the hardware that stink.
    10-30-09 01:58 PM
    It actually felt better, faster to type on the Tour than that storm 2
    10-30-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD