I hate my clock radio on my night stand. The only thing it gets used for now, is occasionally playing some music before I go to sleep. Does anything exist that would let me play music for some period of time (15, 20, 30 minutes, etc) then automagically shut off? Similar to a sleep mode on my radio.

I would love to see this feature in Slacker, but I either can't find it or it hasn't been pushed from feature request to real feature.
    01-04-10 12:32 PM
    In 5.0 you can set Media Player to shut off in 15 min internals up to 45 min!
    01-22-10 02:05 AM
    In 5.0 you can set Media Player to shut off in 15 min internals up to 45 min!
    how do u do that? ive been looking for it forever
    01-22-10 02:56 AM
    From the song list (not the now playing screen) go into Options. There is a line that says "Close Media Player When Inactive". Default is set to Off. You can change it to any time period up to 45 minutes.
    01-22-10 05:20 AM
    From the song list (not the now playing screen) go into Options. There is a line that says "Close Media Player When Inactive". Default is set to Off. You can change it to any time period up to 45 minutes.
    I love this site! Even though I have the charging cradle on my nightstand, I still kept my old, bulky clock radio because of the sleep mode. I didn't even realize my BB could do this. Awesome! Now I can throw away that stupid clock radio that doesn't even keep time very well anymore.

Thanks Xopher for the helpful info, and thanks OP for asking the question to begin with.
    01-22-10 11:40 AM
    In addition to this, I like to use the "auto on/off" feature in the Options. This way, I can specify an exact time that I want it to turn off. I usually use this when I'm streaming Slacker or Pandora.
    01-22-10 11:49 AM
    I have a BB Bold and the "close media player when inactive" doesn't seem to work for me. I have it set to 5 minutes but it never seems to turn off the music - just keeps going. Oh, and I do just let the device sit there w/o touching anything. Is there some other option I need to look for to enable this?
    thanks
    -Doug
    07-21-10 10:51 AM
    Thanks, I just learned something new as well!
    07-24-10 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD