Ok, this is the only thing I knew I would dislike about my new Tour. I am new to Blackberry and LOVE IT so far but this week I am back to my desk full-time. How do I stop emails coming to my Blackberry while I am sitting at my desk for 6 hours a day... it is driving me a little nutty to have the emails coming into Outlook and then having to go delete them off my Blackberry too... just want my emails when I am away from the computer.

Thanks!
    Kim
    09-08-09 07:42 AM
    If you want to close an email account go to Email Setup and close it.
    09-08-09 07:53 AM
    Have you tried turning off wireless reconcile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 08:27 AM
    If you have your wireless reconcile on and working correctly you shouldn't have to delete from both Outlook and the bb. Once the mail is deleted from Outlook it should delete automatically from your bb.
    09-08-09 08:40 AM
    Ok, this is the only thing I knew I would dislike about my new Tour. I am new to Blackberry and LOVE IT so far but this week I am back to my desk full-time. How do I stop emails coming to my Blackberry while I am sitting at my desk for 6 hours a day... it is driving me a little nutty to have the emails coming into Outlook and then having to go delete them off my Blackberry too... just want my emails when I am away from the computer.

Thanks!
    Kim
    go to manage connections and turn off data, now you will not be able to do anything bbm, browser, slacker, but no email, other wise you may look for an app
    09-08-09 08:46 AM
    If you are on BES and use DM then I think there is an option that when the BB is plugged in it doesn't reconcile with the mailbox.
    09-08-09 08:59 AM

Thanks!
    Kim
    When you think about it, you don't necessarily need to change the fact that emails are coming to your device, you just don't want it flashing and beeping at you every time one comes in while you're sitting at your desk.

The best way I've found, is to create my own custom sound profile, and call it "at desk". For this profile, I have everything the same as my normal sound profile, except for I make it so that the LED does not flash for emails, and it is silent when emails come in.

This way, your device is still getting the emails, and syncing with your inbox back and forth. When you leave for lunch, or a last minute appointment, you'll still have all your emails syncing back and forth. Best way to handle this imho.
    09-08-09 10:14 AM
    One more thing, it sounds like you need to do a bit of research on how to reconcile your inbox and your BB so that they sync up automatically. This CAN be done so that if you receive an email on both your BB and your desktop, and then you view it and delete it from your inbox, it will remove it from your BB.
    09-08-09 10:16 AM
    When you think about it, you don't necessarily need to change the fact that emails are coming to your device, you just don't want it flashing and beeping at you every time one comes in while you're sitting at your desk.

The best way I've found, is to create my own custom sound profile, and call it "at desk". For this profile, I have everything the same as my normal sound profile, except for I make it so that the LED does not flash for emails, and it is silent when emails come in.

This way, your device is still getting the emails, and syncing with your inbox back and forth. When you leave for lunch, or a last minute appointment, you'll still have all your emails syncing back and forth. Best way to handle this imho.
    That's what I do also
    09-08-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD