When my tour with the OS .23 upgrade starts up it says:

"Media Transfer Protocol is being activated. Enter you device password to grant acces:"

what is this and how do i get rid of it lol
    10-08-09 03:54 PM
    I am getting the same problem on my BB. What is this problem?
    02-10-10 06:04 PM
    Description

This rule specifies whether USB mass storage and the media transport protocol is turned on.

Default values

The default value in the Advanced security and Advanced Security with No 3rd Party Applications IT policies is Yes.

The default value in all other preconfigured IT policies is No.

Usage

The media transport protocol allows a user to transfer media files to the BlackBerry� device from a media card. If you change this rule to Yes, a BlackBerry device cannot access a media card that is connected to the USB port. This means that the ability to transfer files to a media card using the Roxio� Media Manager with the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager versions 4.2.2 and 4.3 is turned off.
    11-14-10 06:37 PM
    Turn off mass storage mode or MTP
    On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
    Click Memory.
    Change the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) field or the Mass Storage Mode Support field to No.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Save.
    11-14-10 06:44 PM
    So I have this problem suddenly too. Happened after my bb desktop manager updated. I changed nothing on my phone. the suggested fix doesn't work for me. When I go into options from menu, there is no 'memory' file. Only a storage file. There is nothing about the media transfer protocol (MTP). All I see is the options enable compression and media card support with boxes to check. It also tells me how much space I've got my total space and my free space on the card. This is driving me insane!
    02-13-13 12:25 AM
  6. MTP prevents freedom of speach's Avatar
    MTP assumes that you will only use you device for transfering "media" to your USB connected mobile computing device and that all media even your own is subject to their DRM.

Using MTP you will not be able to open files and edit them from your device, it will make a copy to an unsecured folder on C: drive "C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Local\Temp\WPDNSE" of the computer it's connected to and this file will remain even after you log out so the next user will be able to see it. This file will be write protected so you will only be able to save as and you will not be able to save back to your device.

MTP blocks users accessing and writing to their devices. Try typing a text file in notepad and saving it to your device, your file will be blocked. Your freedom of speech is blocked.
    04-06-13 06:54 AM
  7. MTP prevents freedom of speach's Avatar
    See Link "http://www.analogzone.com/iot_0328.pdf"

The inverse of the MTP DRM issue is that you can not create, import or fully access your own work.
    04-06-13 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD