so yesterday I was typing a message in BBM and after i keyed in a couple letters it would just lock the keyboard as if i pressed the button on the upper left hand of the headset (keyboard lock).. i did a battery pull, same thing, bat pull #2, it worked until i hit the keylock.. then it acted all funky again... i would type and it would just randomly go into keyboard lock mode.. i noticed if i hit the space bar it would unlock.. anyone seen this before?? any ideas??

thanks
    12-31-09 12:13 PM
    I updated my blackberry tour today and I noticed immediately that there were some aesthetic changes but nothing more. Then I noticed the I couldn't put my phone in Standby Mode and when i locked my keypad (holding down A) i noticed that the unlock message looked different . It said "Press Unlock Key to Unlock" but without the pic of the * and Talk button, which I tried to no avail.

I could not unlock my phone and so I just removed the battery . But without standby and not knowing how to unlock my phone I"m stuck cradling my phone like a baby. LOL.

HELP!!!!!
    02-19-10 12:28 PM
    I updated my blackberry tour today and I noticed immediately that there were some aesthetic changes but nothing more. Then I noticed the I couldn't put my phone in Standby Mode and when i locked my keypad (holding down A) i noticed that the unlock message looked different . It said "Press Unlock Key to Unlock" but without the pic of the * and Talk button, which I tried to no avail.

I could not unlock my phone and so I just removed the battery . But without standby and not knowing how to unlock my phone I"m stuck cradling my phone like a baby. LOL.

HELP!!!!!
    The new Sprint OS removed the lock icon from the screen and you can no longer assign a convenience key for locking. Also, the Standy/Mute button on the top right of the phone is now just for Mute. The Lock button on the top left of the phone is now lock/standby. I'm not sure why it's done this way but it does make it easier for me. I used to press the Lock (top left) and then the Standby (top right). Now it's just one button. I just need to adjust to doing things differently. No biggie.

So....to unlock your phone use the Lock/Unlock button on the top left of the phone. You'll see the lock icon.
    02-19-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD