i havn't posted in a while on here. I had an origiinal tour from pre release in july 09. its been awsome ever since then. but the trackball has been crapping out lately. and vzw has sent me a replacement. well its trackball was worse lol. so i sent it back. anouther one came. and the standby button didnt click like my original one and like my storm standby and mute key they clicked too. 3rd one came today it dont click. you basically dont even know ur pushing it.

so my questions for you guys are.... when u press ur stanby button does it click or no? do u just know ur pushing it cause ur putting force on it? or does it click. please let me know, my vzw rep is following up with me tues @ 8pm est to check up on me and decide what we are going to do. any and all feedback is greatly appreceated. and this one came in a vzw certified replacement box the other ones came inside a brown box that had a plastic peice on them to snug the phone in it.

so does ur standby/mute key click? does the lock key click? thanks alot.
    01-18-10 11:07 PM
    no help? ?
    01-19-10 12:14 AM
    The buttons are integrated in to the too of the device. There is not much of a click but they do work fine for me. I'm on a storm 2 but I believe the buttons are the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 12:18 AM
    yea they work on the replacment but theres no click. the lock side it clicks slightly but the other side dont click at all and u hardly feel it pressing down. my org one you feel it . i dont mean to be anal but i use stanby and its nice to know when u press it u know.
    01-19-10 12:20 AM
    I have had the Tour since October and Mute & Stand By buttons work fine but mine have never made an audible click. Don't know if they are supposed to but I never noticed it.
    01-19-10 07:41 AM
    Mine has never made any kind of clicking noise either.
    01-19-10 07:51 AM
    No click here either, but they work fine.
    01-19-10 08:06 AM
    Mine has never clicked..maybe your first one was defective

01-19-10 08:28 AM
    My mute has a very soft feel. i just touch it and it works and hold it for standby. It doesnt click like the Lock key on the other side
    01-19-10 11:00 AM
    Mine have never clicked either...and this is my 2nd tour
    01-19-10 03:45 PM
    I know what you mean exactly. My first tour i had the top buttons clicked also but then once i finally got one that words (on my 5th or 6th one) they didnt anymore. For all the people that are thinking that it makes a noise, thats not what we mean by click. It just that you could feel the button depressing and "clicking" silently. It is really helpful because then you can feel when you are actuly pressing them. As for the tour i have now, what i did was take off the top plastic part that says blackberry on it and mess with the buttons underneath a little. I cleaned it out since there was some dirt n stuff under there and then put the plastic part back on a little offset from where it was before n now it seems to work better. I can feel it click now whenever i press the mute key. Just be careful taking off that top part its held on by double sided tape and then there are two little plastic tabs on the top that you have to press downwards for them to release. I didn't know they were there when i took mine apart and ended up breaking the one on the left side. Didnt really make that much of a difference tho, i cant even notice that the left one is broken once i put it back on.
    01-19-10 04:24 PM
    yep not an audable click. its a feeling click like a mouse you feel the button click.
    01-19-10 05:05 PM
    There is a little "give" on both top buttons but no audible click on mine. They both seem to work fine, though. Since I entered some information under "Owner" (in the "Options" menu, those words show up as soon as I hit the "lock" button so it's easy to tell that it went into the "lock" mode.
    01-19-10 05:26 PM
    Talked to my vzw rep and were both stumped. We don't know what to do. He took 3 new ones out of the boxes and they don't click. Sooooo

01-19-10 07:07 PM
    Neither of my top buttons have ever clicked or depressed down...never needed to push that hard...light digital press and voila!
    01-19-10 09:01 PM
    Mine was clicking on my tour, it feel strange compared to my old storm. So I removed the top part of the phone and reintalled it. dont click since I did that
    01-19-10 09:14 PM
    I think mine clicks too- you can see on the mute key there is a slight seperation larger than on my left side for the locking. it clicks and it feels like the housing is slightly off on the edge- any way I can fix this??? or do i need a replacement?
    01-21-10 11:11 PM
    So went and fiddled around the top and got the two notches to come out- cleaned out and working better!
    01-21-10 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD