Hi,

using Bell, just got my tour and upgraded from a pearl flip, which I had for month before I broke my curve. I think the curve is probably the best overall blackberry ever made. Tough as nails.

Does anyone find the screen..... squishy? I hate that term but when I am typing like a mad man and need to click the trackball sometimes I see some artifacts like the housing is touching the screen.

Is mine a defect or are they all like this?
    07-19-09 06:06 PM
    your seeing whats called "ripple effect" yeah when you press down on the hard buttons, you see somewhat of a screen ripple in the corners... nothing to be concerned with.. Its not just The Tour.. the upcoming Onyx, and new Curve have this same effect on them too as shown in videos.
    07-19-09 06:35 PM
    your seeing whats called "ripple effect" yeah when you press down on the hard buttons, you see somewhat of a screen ripple in the corners... nothing to be concerned with.. Its not just The Tour.. the upcoming Onyx, and new Curve have this same effect on them too as shown in videos.
    when i first got my tour i held the phone in my hand and pressed the mute button on top, and in order to do that i had to grip the screen a little, and noticed a significant ripple, or blotch on the screen. after i pressed the buttons from the icon menu, i noticed ripples on the corners. since then it has decresed significantly, if not all together.
    07-19-09 06:39 PM
    Its too bad the astic housing is so thin, I tend to be hard on my gear and I just hope the lcd is tough..... I didn't qualify for a hardware upgrade an activated a share line to get the discounted price. I could get insurance from bell for $7 a month which includes screen damage with a $150 deductible. I love the devicen just wish it was tough as nails as the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 07:14 PM
    7 dollars will be well worth the insurance if anything happens to phone. instead of paying the full retail of 500 bucks just pay the deductible. and 150 is ridiculous, im with verizon and i think its 70 bucks for smartphones. i agree that the tour could be a bit more rugged. but it compromises with unmatched beauty
    07-20-09 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD