Just a head's up to others waiting for a rebate.

According to sprintrebates.com (and the email I got a few weeks ago) my $100 rebate was received on 7/22/09. The rebate showed processing and status was normal. All of a sudden, one day last week, the rebate status changed to "declined" for failing to meet all of the requirements.

Just got off the phone with CSR who agreed with me that I had clearly met all of the requirements, had no clue why the rebate was denied and said he would push it through the system. Rebate status online now shows approved and pending mailing.
    08-03-09 03:41 PM
    Same issue. Giving them a call tomorrow. My issue may have been sending a rebate form (that was also denied) for the Palm Pre.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 03:44 PM
    i am very nervous about the rebate. i got my phone through my sister-in-law who is a sprint employee. she said to be VERY careful with filling out the rebate because the people who process them are idiots through some offshore company and will decline you for the littlest thing. i am worried because my phone was shipped to me at one address, but i am using a different address to have them send the rebate to me....and, on top of that, i changed the billing address to something else. so they are probably going to be looking that i have three different addresses and decline me.
    08-03-09 03:47 PM
    I have an interesting Sprint rebate story. Last year, I bought my wife a Curve. The saleswoman processed the rebate for me. All I had to do was send it in. When I checked the staus, I was told that I was receiving a rebate of $470. I didn't believe it. I was certain that it was a mistake. Weeks later, I received the rebate check in the mail from Sprint. It was for $470. I thought for sure that I would be getting a call at some point requesting the money back or that I would get a huge phone bill. But it has been a year and nothing. Although I am fortunate, it shows me that the people at Sprint don't know what they are doing.

08-03-09 04:08 PM
    Haha. That is funny Dwayne. And they wonder why Sprint is losing money...

Good on you for that. I hope it never comes back to you.
    08-03-09 06:52 PM
    Haha. That is funny Dwayne. And they wonder why Sprint is losing money...

Good on you for that. I hope it never comes back to you.
    It happened to Sprint because of all they money they steal by declining rebates. Good for Dwayne. He got some of the cash that Sprint stole from other people.

08-03-09 06:55 PM
    I was lazy and just send my rebate in 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for my curve rebate.
    08-03-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD