Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Motorcycle Mama
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sprint Tour 9630 Sim

I have sprint. I want to take the tour's sim out and put it in a bold 9700 that was originally from at&t. is this possible? Please tell me only if you are 100% positive. I dont see why it cant work.

If it's possible, please tell me how to do it. (If i need to unlock anything)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

Why did you start a new thread on this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...kberry-629309/
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    30,474 Global Posts

No. It cannot be done. The SIM card in the Tour is for international roaming. You can use your Tour on Sprint's network even with no SIM card at all, since Sprint is CDMA and does not use SIM cards.

The 9700 is a GSM device, so it will not work on any CDMA carrier's network. It could be unlocked and used on T-Mobile (with only 2G due to different frequency for 3G), but it cannot be used on Sprint, VZW, or any other CDMA carrier.
    Thanked by:
    jwang217 (07-10-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    No. It cannot be done. The SIM card in the Tour is for international roaming. You can use your Tour on Sprint's network even with no SIM card at all, since Sprint is CDMA and does not use SIM cards.

The 9700 is a GSM device, so it will not work on any CDMA carrier's network. It could be unlocked and used on T-Mobile (with only 2G due to different frequency for 3G), but it cannot be used on Sprint, VZW, or any other CDMA carrier.
    thanks so much lak611 for a real answer. just to be absolutely sure, i cannot unlock both phones and then switch sim cards? taht wont work either?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

No. No. No. Can't be done. No. Absolutely not. No way. Can't happen.
    Laura Knotek likes this.