I purchased a new Tour on Sept 18 from a Sprint retail store. I paid $199 after the $100 mail in rebate. Last night I noticed that Sprint has lowered the price of the Tour to $149 after the $100 mail in rebate. Sprint allows 30 days to return a phone, but I'm wondering if they will just credit me the $50. Otherwise I will return my current Tour and then just buy a new one with the new price. What do you think? I called Sprint Customer Service, but they told me I would need to go to the retail store.
    10-02-09 08:26 AM
    I would give it a shot, it has been less than 30 days and $50 is $50 lol
    10-02-09 08:31 AM
    I purchased a new Tour on Sept 18 from a Sprint retail store. I paid $199 after the $100 mail in rebate. Last night I noticed that Sprint has lowered the price of the Tour to $149 after the $100 mail in rebate. Sprint allows 30 days to return a phone, but I'm wondering if they will just credit me the $50. Otherwise I will return my current Tour and then just buy a new one with the new price. What do you think? I called Sprint Customer Service, but they told me I would need to go to the retail store.
    wouldn't a restocking fee apply and then it would be like a 15.00 credit?
    10-02-09 08:34 AM
    wouldn't a restocking fee apply and then it would be like a 15.00 credit?
    Thats what I was thinking. Unless it has trackball issue or something is wrong with the phone, they will charge a restocking fee.
    10-02-09 08:42 AM
    I think best bet is to call them up and have them apply credit to the bill if they can do it.
    10-02-09 08:48 AM
    I just called Sprint and they credited my account the $50.00.
    They said if the price drops within 30 days of purchase they will credit the difference.
    10-02-09 09:14 AM
    I contacted my corporate store and they said I needed to call Sprint. Explained that crediting the price difference was a one-time thing (I also called about a price reduction credit on my wife's Centro two months ago).

So I called Sprint and since I bought the phone at the store they couldn't see what I paid or when. Had me call the corp store to have them note the price and date to my account. So I did.

When I called Sprint back the rep said I had a $103 credit noted to my account for the Tour. BAM!

$199 Tour - $70 renewal credit - $25 recycle credit for old Q9c - $103 equals I got paid for this phone.
    10-02-09 10:26 AM
    Well my trackball stopped working completely on Friday so I had to take the phone in anyway. They swapped it out for a new one built in September. While there I asked about the price and they said "No problem" and credited my account for $50. Now let's just hope that the trackball doesn't die on this Tour.
    10-05-09 08:37 AM
    I had 0 problems getting my $50. I was within 30 days and I brought in my receipt and 30 seconds later he had refunded me $50.

-frank
    10-05-09 10:39 AM
    I called twice to get the $50 credit and I was denied twice. I asked for a return kit as I was going to return the phone, and purchase another phone. The CSR kindly gave me a confirmation number for the return kit, and a confirmation number for the new phone. She said my account would be credited the $299 and a new charge of $249 would be placed instead. Don't understand it, and frankly, don't care. It takes 20 minutes to do a device switch and I get an additional $50 back, bringing my grand total for my Tour to (-$71). LOL.
    10-05-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD