Well i took my phone in after i started to expereince photos taken outdoors with my tour looked washed out.I took it into a Sprint/nextel repair sight and i was told that my anti glare coating on my camera lens was peeling.She showed me in full detail were it was peeling and i could clearly see it.I was told i would be better off taking it to a corperate store because the phone is only 2 months old and except for the camera lense coating the phone is still in the same condition it was in when it came out of the box when it was new.I brougt it in to Sprint store 0876 and the girl who i handed the phone to said that it looks fine and took a photo of her hand ,then looked at it on the phone and said it looks fine and a tech would look at it .After waiting 45 minutes to find out that all he did was a hard reboot.He said that he did not see the peeling until i showed him .He then took his pen and said it was the glue from the factory plastic and tried to rub it off .At no suprise it got worse .He took the phone and came back and said it was normal and it
    is inside the lense.Now what.I want this lens issue fixed and now it looks worse.And the tech made it even worse
    10-14-10 06:29 PM
    Have them take a picture with a brand new Tour and compare it to a picture taken at the same time with your Tour and see if they look the same. That will tell you if it is "normal".
    10-14-10 07:00 PM
    just go to another repair center
    10-14-10 10:00 PM
    just go to another repair center
    Only problem is now the teck took his pen and was trying to see if was glue like he said and then found out it was not another repair center might think i did that.I wrote a long e mail to customer care about this issue and what store it was .I sent it to customer care I thought that there was an e care e mail address to e mail it to but i could not find it .Hopefully Customer Care will tell me how to handle this
    Last edited by brnrubber; 10-14-10 at 10:13 PM.
    10-14-10 10:08 PM
    Only problem is now the teck took his pen and was trying to see if was glue like he said and then found out it was not another repair center might think i did that.I wrote a long e mail to customer care about this issue and what store it was .I sent it to customer care I thought that there was an e care e mail address to e mail it to but i could not find it .Hopefully Customer Care will tell me how to handle this
    I called the store and spoke to the manager and he Is going to replace the phone for me .He said it would be a new one but i doubt it due to the fact the tour is no longer being made.Oh well a refurb should be ok .The manager was very polite and professional
    10-15-10 03:48 PM
    Glad to hear you got it handled!! I just had to chime in on the "Techs" at the Sprint ****** Centers! I just bought a Tour from someone on CL about a week ago, and ever since I activated it, I have been dropping calls like crazy and being in roam mode 90% of the time. Took it to the Sprint center and left it with them for an hour each time, 4 times... Each time they did their magic hard reset, which doesn't do a damn thing with signal, and sent me on my roaming way!! While waiting in the line at the store the phone was in roaming mode, and I pointed that out to them, to hear "well its because of all the phones in the store, its jamming the signal!" WHAT???? So I took it to the other local repair center, and the guy has it for 30 mins... He said it failed the antenna signal test, apparantly the guy I got it from swapped the housing plate, and broke the antennas off of it!!! He ordered me a new one, and voila 4-5bars!!!

Heck, they can pay me what they pay a "Tech" and I can sit there and hard reset phones all day long!!!
    10-15-10 08:11 PM
    I feel your pain .dam 4 times waiting on line and all they did was their magic hard reset .I went thru almost the same thing but only went there 1 time .but what gets me is even before the tech would talk to me so I could show him the lens we had to waist 45 minutes of my time with his dumb *** hard reset before I could even talk with him.well glad you got a good tech smart enough to fix it for you. In the end the manager is the one who gets the credit for taking the time to talk with me and then get me a new phone. It just cracks me up the BS a tech will try to tell you . Other phones in the store jamming the signal .how could he say that to someone and think that is normal .I guess the same way what the tech told me . Techs should not be telling BS stuff like that because I just went over his head to get it resolved. You should call the first store you took it to and let the manager know that 4 hours of your time have been waisted and that another repair center fixed it in 30 minutes
    Last edited by brnrubber; 10-15-10 at 11:02 PM.
    10-15-10 10:54 PM
    I had my tour replaced 3 times and on the forth demanded a 9650. I was having terrible service signals and roaming constantly. Worth a shot, eh? Well, he gave me the Bold 9650 so I was happy. No problem, until the Bold had an electrical problem. So they goto replace it and notice they have no 9650's in stock. Not for 18 days. So I'm upset thinking what am I gonna do, I need my boss to be able to reach me. So they gave me a 8530 temporarily. They told me I could imediately swtch back to the Bold when the ordered one arrives. So I use the 8530 and on day 3 I get no signal at all. I pulled the battery, reloaded the OS, wiped it,loaded an older OS on and nothing. So they switch out and I get a 9330. I finally get the Bold in the mail and call customer care to activate it and they inform me I can activate the Bold whenever but if it's before 30 days I get charged for the full price of the 9330. I was kinda mad at first because I was lied to. Then I realized, I got a free 9330 and a brand new 9650 too. So Sprint WILL take care of you exceptionally. Just let them know if you're unhappy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 04:17 AM
    Yeah, me and the Sprint repair center are not friends at all this year!! In my sig, the list of phones, after 2yrs with my trusty 8330, I got a Pixi, hated it got the Pre w/in 30 days... Through the cource of 6 PREs (all blown speaker, common issue), I heard everything from I listen to music too loud, to I should NEVER turn my ringer all the way up... Then they swapped me to the Moment, worst phone I ever had; CDMA lockups, airplane mode bug, dropped signals (again known issues). After my 3rd one the repair center printed me off a coverage map of where my apartment is and said "See this dark green is excelent signal coverage, light green is "good".. You're on the border of excelent/good, so that could be the issue!" WTF???!! So I gave them a list of places I go (work, my parents, her parents) and told them print me off maps of all those locations where I also encounter issues, and they weren't gonna do it, so I had to call retentions and threaten to cancel to get a good phone. The only phone they offered was the Hero, which I gave 2 months, but couldn't deal with the on-screen keyboard, so I went back to trusty BB with my CL Tour! All of this in the time from January of THIS YEAR!!!

If I didn't get such good pricing on my plan, I would be out! Shouldn't need to call Retentions to get the monkeys to do their jobs!!
    Last edited by WackyWRZ; 10-16-10 at 09:41 AM.
    10-16-10 09:37 AM
    I recently got a 9630 replaced with another 9630 because of bluetooth issues. The new(refurb) 9630 was dropping calls left and right. I called tech support and was told to take the phone to a repair center. I did the next day. The rep in the store told me they had to keep the phone for 2 hours to troubleshoot. I could not leave it for 2 hours that day. I got home and called tech support again. This time I was informed there were outages with open tickets in my area from Oct. 7th, it was Oct. 11th. I asked how long it takes for outages to be repaired and she said about 72 hours. I informed her that it had already been 72 hours. She told me to wait a few days and call back if I still had issues. The next day I went to a repair center ready to drop off the phone for the 2 hours. This time a different rep tells me to switch the phone from automatic to home only and update the preferred list and that should resolve my issues. It did not, I still had a poor signal. I called back and tech support had me do a hard reset. I did it but still had the same problems. I call back the next day and this time I was told the open ticket on the outages in my area was from September 7th and they had no idea when it would be resolved. I know it is not the outage that is causing the dropped calls because there was not problem my old 9630 or my wife's 8530. They refuse to replace the phone because of the outages in the area. I also had dropped call at my job which is 30 minutes away. Ecare tried to get me to use my upgrade to replace the phone Any ideas on what to do? I'm about ready to go to the darkside and get an iPhone.
    10-16-10 11:31 PM
    Wow this makes me think that refurb phones are junk.my phone is only 2 months old and workes perfect except for the Camera lens .i'am starting to think maybe I should keep mine and shell out 45 bucks and buy a new back housing and swap it out myself. I'am turning a new phone for a refurb?. Anyone know the warranty on a refurb . Anyone have luck with one or are they a horror story. the Manager was going to ship the phone to my home address .but i'am out of state and he said that he would ship it to the store here in NC were i'am currently staying for a few months . He said a it would be here monday or Tuesday and he would be off both days.he then said a tech would call me when is comes in . I don't want the tech to do anything to the phone at all but maybe activate it and transfer my contacts. should I ask to see the replacement phone and check it over before I hand in my old one. I will check to make shure everything works before I leave the store. As I have low trust for techs at sprint if the phone was ship me to my house would it have come with a new battery or anything else that the tech is going to keep.also i'am shure it's going to be a refurb even though the Manager said it would be a new one because they no longer make the tour is there anyway to check the lifetime timer on it . I know on my old Motorola phone it was ##data# or ##786# .
    Last edited by brnrubber; 10-17-10 at 12:45 PM.
    10-17-10 10:20 AM
    funny cause sprint techs think everything can be settled with a hard reset....seriously thats all they reall can do. they cant replace parts or anything. i know cause i have had alot of problems with my devices lately......they really need to take a hard look at the customer service and the way they treat there valued customers........terrible service in my eyes
    10-17-10 10:54 AM
    Ecare tried to get me to use my upgrade to replace the phone Any ideas on what to do? I'm about ready to go to the darkside and get an iPhone.
    If you have had your phone replaced 3+ times, they have to offer you a different MODEL of phone, its like a lemon law kinsa. Other than that, call the retentions department and tell them you want to cancel. When they want to know why, let 'em have it, and tell them you don't want to sign a 2yr contract to get a device that works. Sadly threatening to quit is the only way to get service from Sprint.

Yep, a hard reset is their magic fix for all, that and "updating your profile"/re-provisioning your phone. SOOOO annoying. My refurb I just got friday is working quit well so far, but I can tell the trackball is kinda "funny". Maybe a hard reset will fix that too!!

Far as Refurbs go, if you have TEP/insurance its the same warranty as always... I bought my "broken" Tour from craigslist, and it was broke, but since I have TEP they ordered me a new refurb no problem. If you go to OPTIONS>ABOUT screen toward the bottom mine says- Refurbished: Y (Sep 23, 2010)
    Last edited by WackyWRZ; 10-17-10 at 01:30 PM.
    10-17-10 01:13 PM
    Other than that, call the retentions department and tell them you want to cancel. When they want to know why, let 'em have it, and tell them you don't want to sign a 2yr contract to get a device that works.
    They agreed to send me another phone after doing this. Thanks.
    10-18-10 09:38 PM
    Well today I got my replacement tour . It is a refurb and it looks brand new. When I got the phone and took it out of the box it had that new phone smell to it so maybe it was never used. Everything works awesome so far. As a matter of fact it seems to work better than the new 2 month old one that I had. Time will tell how it will hold up. I think they redesigned the track ball as it feels a little different
    10-19-10 06:48 PM
    Picked up my 4th tour in 4 weeks today from the service center. And called *2 today to see what they could do about the fact I keep getting tours the kill themselves in 3-5 days ha and the supervisor said she would put a note in my file saying if I return another to offer me something else and hopefully I will be able to work myself into a bold. I would rather keep my broken tour than downgrade to a curve or switch to a non BB

10-20-10 12:58 AM
    They have to offer you a device that is equal
    10-24-10 09:14 PM
    They gave me a bold from a tour few months back.

10-25-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD