I've never tried to get a phone on the first day... anybody know if Sprint typically allows for pre-order/pre-purchasing?
    Of do we have camp outside the store like a qu33r at a U2 show?
    06-18-09 04:43 PM
    If it comes out in July or whatever, I'm gonna let people get the first batch with all the problems. Then once that's over I'll be ready to buy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 07:57 AM
    Wow... I really hope that Verizon does the same.
    06-19-09 09:45 AM
    If it comes out in July or whatever, I'm gonna let people get the first batch with all the problems. Then once that's over I'll be ready to buy it.
    Since when has Sprint released a 1st batch of BB's with problems? Am I missing something here?
    06-19-09 12:38 PM
    I will certainly be getting it the first day. Not having a phone at all is killing me. Only a few more weeks hopefully.
    06-19-09 12:43 PM
    Aaaahhh, good catch!
    I hope you are right about this because I can't take it anymore!!! I need a new phone NOW!!! uuuhhhhggg!
    06-19-09 12:48 PM

I'm willing to bet you $1000 that there won't be any bugs/problems. When was the last time RIM gave us a qwerty that had problems? I thought so...
    They know what the heck they're doing. Did they screw up on the Storm? Maybe. That was a whole new/different platform. Have they screwed up on a qwerty? Nah

06-19-09 02:04 PM
    Sprint doesn't usually give their employees a heads up until it drops. When the Curve dropped an aware CB member spotted it on their website. It was supposed to drop Sunday April 20th and was found on the website Thursday April 17th at midnight, the reps didn't know it had dropped until their phones started ringing off the hook the next morning.

I remember when I called, the rep told me it wasn't available yet, it wasn't until I insisted she look it up that she realized it was.
    The BB Curve actually dropped on May 5th, or May 9th, I forget. It was pushed back. I remember posting about this very vividly during that long painful stretch.
    06-20-09 12:13 AM
    This is so funny, i didn't notice this thread until about 15 minutes ago but i posted something on numerous other threads about how i spotted this date if you zoom in lol. (not trying to take credit). But i did not know that the one on the press release had the same date! I am using my Instinct and am dying for this phone to release.

Here's to wishful thinking....
    06-20-09 12:35 AM
    I'm willing to bet you $1000 that there won't be any bugs/problems. When was the last time RIM gave us a qwerty that had problems? I thought so...
    They know what the heck they're doing. Did they screw up on the Storm? Maybe. That was a whole new/different platform. Have they screwed up on a qwerty? Nah

the bold.. I am pretty sure a few cell phone companys over seas were going to quit carrying it until they fixed it.
    06-21-09 03:01 AM
    We are not too far away from 7-12-09, lets go Sprint!
    06-23-09 04:38 PM
    Well Verizon unofficially officially announced the Tour for 199 and guess what date? JULY 12th! Lets hope the same goes for sprint!

Sprint | News Release: The New BlackBerry Tour Smartphone Launches on America's Most Dependable 3G Network to Create a Powerful Mobility Tool for Those on the Go

Keep clicking next til you see the tour
    06-26-09 10:55 PM
    I am dying from anticipation! I just want to know if July 12th is it or not. I will definately be in line for this one.
    06-26-09 11:35 PM
    I was just at the Sprint store getting my Centro speaker fixed today. I asked about the Tour and the rep told me that it wouldn't be out until December. Is this completely wrong or is it possible that the Tour won't be released for another 6 months?
    06-27-09 01:54 AM
    I was just at the Sprint store getting my Centro speaker fixed today. I asked about the Tour and the rep told me that it wouldn't be out until December. Is this completely wrong or is it possible that the Tour won't be released for another 6 months?
    no its a mistake Reps don't know squat till the last minute. best thing is listen to the insiders and rumors that are posted here at CB. and by the way rumor has it that it will be here before august.
    06-27-09 08:18 AM
    no its a mistake Reps don't know squat till the last minute. best thing is listen to the insiders and rumors that are posted here at CB. and by the way rumor has it that it will be here before august.
    Rumor has it that will launch the same day as Verizon, not July 19th. Sprint is notorious with changing their release date though, so wait for official confirmation. No teasing this morning.
    06-27-09 08:22 AM
    Rumor has it that will launch the same day as Verizon, not July 19th. Sprint is notorious with changing their release date though, so wait for official confirmation. No teasing this morning.
    06-27-09 08:33 AM
    As others have said. That is probably incorrect. I was in a sprint store yesterday and a rep told me the tour was coming out next month. Of course, that guy also may not have know what he was talking about either .

06-27-09 09:33 AM
    Sprint's official announcement said later this summer, you'd think the Sprint rep would at least know that much. lol.

I'm expecting the Aug 2nd date reported in the Sprint forum
    06-27-09 11:25 AM
    Sprint's official announcement said later this summer, you'd think the Sprint rep would at least know that much. lol.

I'm expecting the Aug 2nd date reported in the Sprint forum
    They really don't know what's going on. I was at the biggest Sprint store in my area the day after the Tour was announced by Sprint on their web site. I asked one of the employees there when he thought it might be released, and he hadn't even heard of the Tour before and didn't know it was on their web site.

We really need to all stop wasting our time asking these reps what is going on, because they don't know- and the ones that think they do are just parroting what they've heard elsewhere that may or may not be correct. Seems like the best source is most likely right here, ironically.
    06-27-09 11:30 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD