I just got this email from Sprint announcing the Tour. Look at the text underneath where it says $199. It shows the rebate is $50 now. Is this a typo? It would be nice if this were the case, because then we only pay around $250 now and then get $50 back. It also mentions the same thing in the fine print at the bottom.

May require up to a $36 activation fee/line, credit approval & deposit. Up to $200 early termination fee/line applies. America's Most Dependable 3G Network Claim: "Dependable" based on independent, third-party drive tests for 3G data connection success, session reliability and signal strength for the top 50 most populous markets from Jan. '08 to Feb. '09. Not all services available on 3G and coverage may default to separate network when 3G unavailable. Phone Offer: Offer ends 8/22/09. While supplies last. $399.99 (retail price) - $150.00 instant savings - $50.00 mail-in rebate = $199.99 (final price). Taxes and service charges excluded. No cash back. Requires activation at the time of purchase. Data plan required on all active BlackBerry handsets. Voice & data may be purchased separately. Calls made without a voice plan: airtime ($0.20/min.) plus long distance ($0.20/min.). Mail-in Rebate: Requires purchase by 8/22/09 & activation by 9/5/09. Line must be active 30 consecutive days. Allow 10 to 14 weeks for rebate. Upgrade: Existing customers in good standing with service on the same device for more than 22 consecutive months currently activated with a service plan of $39.99 or higher may be eligible. See in-store rebate form or sprint.com/upgrade for details. Other Terms: Coverage not available everywhere. The 3G Sprint Mobile Broadband Network (including roaming) reaches over 271 million people. International coverage available in countries with GSM (voice)/GPRS (data) networks only. May vary by carrier. Offers not available in all markets/retail locations or for all phones/networks. Pricing, offer terms, fees & features may vary for existing customers not eligible for upgrade. Other restrictions apply. See store or Sprint.com for details.
    07-12-09 09:06 AM
    I'm thinking that's a misprint, I just got that email too.

The new 7/12 rebate forms show a $100 MIR, and historically all Sprint smartphones have been $100 MIR.
    07-12-09 09:08 AM
    I'm thinking that's a misprint, I just got that email too.

The new 7/12 rebate forms show a $100 MIR, and historically all Sprint smartphones have been $100 MIR.
    Well, if that's the case- what a huge mistake on their part that could have been prevented had someone in management actually proof read the email before it went out to potentially thousands of people that are now going to try and buy the phone under these conditions.

Seems like some could definitely have a case with retentions to get this pricing.
    07-12-09 09:11 AM
    Seriously?

Calling retentions over a misprint, for something as little as $50?
    07-12-09 09:14 AM
    Seriously?

Calling retentions over a misprint, for something as little as $50?
    I'm not saying I will, because I already ordered it last night before I received this email, but you better believe that the thousands of people that just received this email who call to get the phone, thinking that they will be out of pocket $250 now will be ticked that it will now be $300. Many will be confused when the foreign speaking person tells them they are wrong, and will likely call retentions.
    07-12-09 09:23 AM
    one line cost me 336 to upgrade after tax and then i get a 100 MIR, the other line i only got 75 to an upgrade so that's 477 with tax and i don't get an MIR, the 477 sucks but my curve was on its last string anyway, signed up for btoh sprint and blackberry to tell me when its available and still nothign from either een through i ordered it 10 hours ago
    07-12-09 09:29 AM
    I just looked on the Sprint website for the Tour and it looks like they fixed the misprint. I'm wondering if Sprint will honor those customers that received that email showing a different out-of pocket price? It would be nice but I don't think they will.
    07-12-09 09:42 AM
    Maybe I am off topic, but does any one know if and when Best Buy will get this Tour for Sprint
    07-12-09 10:06 AM
    Hey, your right MisterB, I just got the Sprint emails and it does state 199 after $50 rebate. Hopefully Sprint will honor this misprint!!
    07-12-09 10:18 AM
    Maybe I am off topic, but does any one know if and when Best Buy will get this Tour for Sprint
    When Sprint officially announces when it's available in stores. Best Buy wouldn't sell it before then. August 2nd is the current estimate.
    07-12-09 10:21 AM
    Thanx Sinternet for the response. I cant afford the $475 corp wants to charge me. Other wise I would have tried to order online this morning. I am just going to wait until I have the $200 or so to get this thing. Oh another of topic question (forgive me moderator) has any one heard about this Atlas. Maybe I should just wait for this device
    07-12-09 10:27 AM
    If you are like me and signed up on the website to be reminded when the Tour is availabe, you got an email sayin the Tour would be $199 after $50 mail in rebate. However, the site and the agents are consistent with the phone being $199 after mail in rebate. Basically they want you to pay $300 today. When the email says pay $250 today. I've been talkign to Sprint for over an hour now and no1 knows what I am talking about. Yet not allowing me to foward the email to them as it was sent to me.

I explained that I am not in a contract and Veizon came out with the same phone. I have 5 lines and I do not want to leave, but this is annoying.

Did anyone else get this email? I was intially trying to notify them that they will be getting these calls from customers. Now i'm just like :-/ WTH!!!
    07-12-09 10:27 AM
    If you are like me and signed up on the website to be reminded when the Tour is availabe, you got an email sayin the Tour would be $199 after $50 mail in rebate. However, the site and the agents are consistent with the phone being $199 after mail in rebate. Basically they want you to pay $300 today. When the email says pay $250 today. I've been talkign to Sprint for over an hour now and no1 knows what I am talking about. Yet not allowing me to foward the email to them as it was sent to me.

I explained that I am not in a contract and Veizon came out with the same phone. I have 5 lines and I do not want to leave, but this is annoying.

Did anyone else get this email? I was intially trying to notify them that they will be getting these calls from customers. Now i'm just like :-/ WTH!!!
    Yes, I got the same email! I signed up to be notified in both of my yahoo accts and they both received the same email advertising the 199 after 50 rebate! This blows
    07-12-09 10:34 AM
    Whats weird to me is I have been with sprint for a few years and my my girlfriend has been with it for a little over a year. I signed both of us for email notification and she got her response first thing this morning. wtflizz. What am I chopped liver or something?
    07-12-09 10:44 AM
    I ordered last night for 300.00 bucs 100 rebate.
    When I receive device they will credit my account 50 bucs
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-12-09 at 10:53 AM.
    07-12-09 10:49 AM
    Is anyone else not having the tour appear in the list of devices for them? It is something to do with the errors in the email? I'm on central time zone here....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD