this per the message that shows up when I tried to activate Google's new "google voice with current phone number" feature......... anyone know when this is coming?
    10-27-09 08:32 AM
    Have not heard or read anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 09:19 AM
    Haven't heard anything. Check the Sprint thread. this would be cool.
    10-27-09 09:26 AM
    I posted this on the Sprint forum, but I figured I'd post it here too.. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering when this is coming!?
    10-27-09 10:14 AM
    Wishful thinking... my calls to both Sprint and my Corp IT folks that manage thousands of Sprint lines (many of which want FREE CALL FWD to be able to leverage more advanced call management solutions like Google Voice have come up empty... they know nothing about this.

Is this Google's attempt to put a bit of pressure on Sprint???
    10-27-09 10:38 AM
    Interesting. Free CF would be excellent. That's pretty much the only "gotcha!" I have with Sprint.
    10-27-09 10:52 AM
    Yeah, I do not understand how you can have a plan called "simply everything" and the plan doesn't have everything. I called Sprint the other day and said "yeah, I have that simply everything BUT plan. It has everything with the exception of call forwarding..." zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, comon Sprint with Google Voice, this would be a great addition to the Simply Everything Plan.
    10-27-09 09:26 PM
    https://www.google.com/voice/voice/sprint

Using Google Voice with a Sprint phone

Starting mid-November 2009, Sprint is enabling free conditional call forwarding on its network, allowing you to use Google voicemail with your Sprint phone number. (Standard charges will continue to apply for immediate call forwarding.) 1

Note: Until Sprint updates your account, Google Voice with your existing number may not work or you may be charged every time someone leaves a voicemail.

After enabling Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone, calls you miss or ignore will be redirected to your Google Voice account. Additionally, you'll be able to access your voicemail online, read voicemail transcripts, and get notified by email or SMS every time you get a new voicemail.
    If you already have a Google Voice account:

Follow these steps to enable Google voicemail on your forwarding phone:

1. Log-in to your account at http://www.google.com/voice
    2. Click on Settings
    3. Click the "Activate Google voicemail for this phone" link next to your Sprint phone number

If you don't have a Google Voice account yet:

Request an invite at http://www.google.com/voiceinvite

Remember that Sprint is still in the process of rolling out free conditional call forwarding to all users.

1 Although no charges will be applied for conditional call forwarding (meaning busy calls or calls not answered), some Sprint customers may incur a $0.20 per-minute charge if they choose to forward calls directly into voicemail or to another number without first allowing the call to try to reach the number and getting a busy signal/no answer. This is called unconditional call forwarding (immediate).
    10-27-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD