I recently got a replacement tour and had to do the whole service book trick over again. After installing the service book, I see the browser but it doesn't work?! So I installed Opera Mini through the desktop manager and that doesn't work either. It says can't connect to the internet?! Does anyone know what's going on?! I provisioned it again and I tried to register it through the host routing and it's not telling me that my device is registered... Can anyone help?
    08-21-09 10:41 PM
    Try this... go to options and then Mobile Network
    On that screen press the berry/menu button and choose diagnostics test. On that screen press berry/menu and select "run" it will go through a series of tests... when its complete data should be up. Thats how I got it working when I swapped my son's defective Curve. Also in the same menu is the option to "update profile" Try that before the Diagnostic Test.
    08-22-09 12:43 AM
    Thanks but it still doesn't work... I don't know what the problem is =(
    08-22-09 07:27 AM
    yes your old phones profile has not been deactivated so your service is still tied to your old device. you have to call sprint. they will have you pull the battery, then will then switch the service,and you will be on your way within 10 minutes of talking with them. i have had to do this 3 times when swapping devices...
    08-22-09 08:57 AM
    I called sprint, they reprogrammed my phone. Still no luck? So I was on with blackberry support for about an hour and he was trying to get it to work. He even tried to send me service books (i'm on SERO) and it didn't work. Then he finally said that since i'm on SERO it's not going to work?! It worked perfectly fine with my previously Tour. I'm really aggravated. Now I guess I have no choice but to exchange my Tour for something else...
    08-22-09 06:00 PM
    Why wont it work with the SERO plan?
    08-22-09 06:04 PM
    I have no idea! That's my whole problem. My previous tour worked with SERO and my new one doesn't ? Opera Mini is failing to connect to the internet
    08-22-09 06:16 PM
    Sprint seems to be having some data issues. My browser wouldn't work last night and I'm having data issues again this evening. Email sending is really slowwwww.
    08-22-09 06:31 PM
    not sure about the data issues. Ive bee pretty good in my area
    08-22-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD