Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sprint BB Tour and YouMail - Sprint no longer charges for call forwarding?

I just got the following e-mail from YouMail: it seems those of us with Sprint who wanted visual voicemail but were legitimately concerned about being hit with $.20 per forwarded call, now are good to go. I will be giving Sprint a call about an unrelated issue and in the process will try to confirm the rescinding of forwarding charges.

"Did you sign up with YouMail only to find out Sprint charges 20c/minute for call forwarding? And even worse – you had to call Sprint customer support to set it up?
    GREAT News! Sprint has removed those pesky per minute call forwarding charges and no longer requires technical support to enable call forwarding. Hurray!
    Now, Sprint customers can use YouMail as their mobile voicemail and get these great benefits.
    See a list of your messages and scroll and listen to voicemail on your phone, online or email
    Save your voicemails forever and share with anyone
    Greet callers by name or assign different greetings to different callers
    Block unknown and unwanted callers
    If you have a BlackBerry or the new HTC Hero, you can experience YouMail with our great, FREE phone apps . You can download the YouMail Visual Voicemail app from the Android Market or BlackBerry App World.
    It’s easy to switch your voicemail to YouMail:
    Go to Enhanced Visual Voicemail For Cell Phones | YouMail to create a YouMail account
    Simply dial *289095106169 and press 'talk/send'. Upon successful activation you will hear two alert tones. If you're unsuccessful activating call forwarding, contact Sprint Technical Support at 888-211-4727 for assistance.
    If you’ve forgotten your password, simply click here.
    And make sure to sign up for a completely free 7-day trial of YouMail’s voice-to-text transcriptions – no credit card required.
    Thanks,
    The YouMail Team"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Is this active yet? We all knew it was coming soon.
    Treo 600, 700Wx, 755p, Tour 9630
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    PIN
    30EECCFE

yup today is the day. i got the email and already set it up
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Can you link us to an official statement from Sprint?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    PIN
    30EECCFE

i gotta find it again they sprint sent out emails last week saying that were offering free call forwarding
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Right but I don't recall an exact date... everything I've read says mid-November. If you set it up before they launch it you WILL be charged .20 cents per minute.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    PIN
    30EECCFE

Here is an excellent piece of information that was sent to the PPCG News Room today. According to an informed source, Sprint will be unleashing conditional (no answer/busy signal) free call forwarding to any phone number, including Google Voice. This means that any incoming call to your Sprint number that encounters a busy signal or no answer will be forwarded to a pre-selected (by the customer) phone number for free.
    Also, Simply Everything customers will also begin receiving unconditional (immediate) call forwarding included in their plan beginning late November. On a technical note, this is not available in the system UNTIL after an upgrade, so it will not work until the system has been upgraded.This is great news for any Sprint customer. An added service at no extra cost? Sounds like a win to me!

Sprint is proud to promote access to the new voicemail feature in Google Voice™ to deliver an even richer experience to customers.

To enhance our customers’ ability to access these services, including Google Voice™ , starting 11/8/09, all Sprint price plans will include free conditional (no answer/busy) call forwarding (*73,*74,*28 ).

Unconditional (immediate) call forwarding (*72) will remain $0.20/minute.

Simply Everything customers will also begin receiving unconditional call forwarding (immediate) included in their plan beginning late November. Additional information will be available soon
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    PIN
    30EECCFE

unconditional will come late november
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Cool... how does Youmail compare to Google Voice? I setup an account and immediately started getting spam text messages.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    PIN
    30EECCFE

i dont you i just got youmail because i wanted to try it out but i havent recieved any voicemails yet. but i like my google voice. you can also go to the sprint community and search the call forwarding if you want to find out more
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31163EFE

its abt time sprint did accepted this .. i havent had my youmail since i came to sprint .. not its back sweet
    "si vis pacem para bellum Live Free or Die Hard"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

I also have Google Voice set up on my Tour. YouMail charges for transcription, whereas GVoice offers it for free. I think I may set up my forwarding to go to GVoice: here's what a quick search turned up:

Ditch YouMail for Google Voice | Biz Geek

Unconditional call forwarding isn't happending for me, since I am not on an Everything plan (SERO FTW ) but conditional will do just fine. Thank you Sprint!
    Last edited by dohturdima; 11-08-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Why?

I've always loved this app. Great to see Sprint is on their game again.
    Seize the opportunity!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,027 Global Posts

Sprint users have claimed and tested it's been working since the 8th.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Youmail is working for me. No forwarding charges so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com