I have replaced my Tour once due to a very erratic Trackball and my second is slightly better but not acceptable, not to mention muffled outbound sound and a loose battery door (I can live with door and I am confident that the muffled sound will be corrected with the next OS revision). I called sprint cs and explained that I wasn't sure if I wanted to return the device and revert to my old phone or exchange it. She suggested that I speak with returns. The returns rep encouraged me to try another Tour. He said that there have been many trackball returns and that they are now shipping phones with that problem corrected. He would not guarantee that my new tour would be better but encouraged me to try another.
    So, I expect a replacement tonight.
    08-18-09 03:15 PM
    Well, it will be nice to see the problem corrected. I think you made the right choice to stick with the Tour. But, that's just my opinion.
    08-18-09 03:21 PM
    I got a replacement and it had a much better (working) trackball. Definitely replace.
    08-18-09 03:31 PM
    i got a new Insurance replacement Tour today and its much much better then the first one as far as the trackball goes. I can tell that RIM stepped it up a notch when making the new batch of Tours... I'm Impressed
    08-18-09 03:34 PM
    After a few exchanges, I decided to return my Tour. Even the Sprint tech were having problems with the trackball. They told me that Sprint and RIM are working on the issue. A friend of mine that works as a sprint tech told me that they not know what the fix will be but he thinks it is a hardware problem. So he advice me to return it and wait a cupple of months until there is a fix.

Now I will wait for the next generation of tour with wifi and maybe a trackpad. The tour is an exceptionally phone but the trackball is killing he tour reputation.
    08-18-09 03:41 PM
    I got my Tour delivered to me on the 14th after ordering it at midnight on the 12th. I have not had any problems with it, until yesterday the trackball started to act funny. Everything else works fine, and the trackball still works, but it is definitely not working like it did when I first got it. Would you recommend me taking it in with a replacement ball that I already have and having a Sprint Tech do it, or asking for a new phone? I am over my 30 days, but I have excellent standing with Sprint and am a Premiere customer.
    08-18-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD