Dear Friends,

I got a tour and am very excited about it!
    I have a few questions I was hoping you experts might be able to help me handle.

1) I currently have my school mail forwarded to gmail because I abhor OWA and enjoy the gmail interface. On my blackberry, however, I added my gmail account and school account separately. It would be nice to see emails sent to my school address appear in one box on the Tour, and to have emails sent to my gmail address appear in another. Currently, everything comes to my gmail box and NOTHING comes to my school box on the Tour. (Besides the initial email from the blackberry "Activation Server") Can you help me fix this?

2) Some of my friends send emails regarding school to my gmail account, and on occasion, I would like to be able to reply to/forward these emails using my professional school account. It appears as though I should be able to do this, because when I hit reply, there appears to be a drop-down box beneath "Send Using." When I try to click on this drop-down box, I am unable to change the email address. YET, when I compose an e-mail anew, I can choose from my gmail address, my school address, and my hospital address easily. How can I reply using the address of my choice?

Thank you for your help!
    07-18-09 03:20 PM
    Is this the appropriate forum in which to address such questions?
    07-18-09 03:59 PM
    Come on, somebody's got to know how to do this...
    07-19-09 01:34 PM
    Dear Friends,

I got a tour and am very excited about it!
    I have a few questions I was hoping you experts might be able to help me handle.

1) I currently have my school mail forwarded to gmail because I abhor OWA and enjoy the gmail interface. On my blackberry, however, I added my gmail account and school account separately. It would be nice to see emails sent to my school address appear in one box on the Tour, and to have emails sent to my gmail address appear in another. Currently, everything comes to my gmail box and NOTHING comes to my school box on the Tour. (Besides the initial email from the blackberry "Activation Server") Can you help me fix this?

you would have to setup the accounts completely seperate on BIS and they would still both go to the messages folder.. but will have there own email inbox

2) Some of my friends send emails regarding school to my gmail account, and on occasion, I would like to be able to reply to/forward these emails using my professional school account. It appears as though I should be able to do this, because when I hit reply, there appears to be a drop-down box beneath "Send Using." When I try to click on this drop-down box, I am unable to change the email address. YET, when I compose an e-mail anew, I can choose from my gmail address, my school address, and my hospital address easily. How can I reply using the address of my choice?

if you have more then 1 email address associated with the device by doing what I mentioned in the previous post there will be a drop down to select which email you want to respond from

Thank you for your help!

answers inside the quote
    07-19-09 02:04 PM
    Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I actually already have both set up as completely separate accounts on BIS. Still, nothing comes to the school box on my Tour. Do you think this might be related to forwarding my school mail to my gmail address? I'd like to continue forwarding to gmail because my school only allows a max inbox capacity of 50 megs.
    07-19-09 03:31 PM
    1) Since you forward your school e-mail to your Gmail without saving a copy in your school e-mail mailbox (I assume), you won't ever retrieve any e-mail from your school mailbox because it's empty! If you save a copy + forward, then your BB will receive two e-mails every time someone sends things to your school address. One retrieved from gmail mailbox and one retrieved from your school mailbox. It's highly annoying and undesirable.

You have probably setup label rules in gmail so that for example things that are forwarded from your school e-mail get labeled as such. Try using the gmail blackberry software, it does have support for labels.

2) This is a limitation of the blackberry mail software. There IS a work around for it. Instead of hitting REPLY, choose FORWARD instead and you'll be able to select the from address.

It would be nice if when one hits reply, the mail application checks the "To address" of the e-mail being replied to and choose the appropriate send-from address automatically. But hey, what do I know.

If someone has any other tricks or workarounds. Please do reply. I'm sure a bunch of people forward everything to their Gmail account like I do (school, work, personal, etc) and need to be able to reply using the appropriate "from" address.
    Last edited by Skynet00; 10-21-09 at 04:51 PM.
    10-21-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD