Ok so clearly I am missing something. I want to be able to utilize all the short cuts from my home screen I keep reading about. So I followed the below steps.

�An easy way to access the default applications is through keyboard shortcuts as well. To use these, you must have Dial From Home Screen set to "Off". (Phone > Options > General Options). You will now have to use the Send key to access your phone and make a call, but you will have the following shortcuts available:�

However when pres such keys as �w�, & �C� my phone speed dials the numbers stored there.

Have I done something wrong or am I just not understanding something.

shawn
    09-08-09 11:13 AM
    Are you briefly depressing the keys or are you holding them down for an extended period?
    09-08-09 11:33 AM
    i am holding them down because if i briefly press nothing happens
    09-08-09 11:36 AM
    With your Homescreen dialing off, clicking keys with Shortcuts takes you to the relevant App. Holding them uses the Speed Dial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 12:01 PM
    Also if you hit the button from a black screen, all it will do is wake up the screen. Try using a shortcut when your screen is already up and see what happens. As posted above, holding the key down will access speed dial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD