I just got my Tour phone thursday and I LOVE IT. However there's one problem thats irking me, not sure if you all had the same problem or not.

I type normally and it would do this to me

example: Hey. How. Are. You. Today. ?

I would have to backspace and type all over again and SLOWLY and fix it when it did that. I've looked all over on my phone to fix the spacebar or the sensitivity of it.

help?
    10-17-09 09:11 AM
    Spacebar has a shortcut enabled by the phone to insert a period if you hit it twice very quickly. Not sure how or if it can be disabled but that seems to be what the issue is. It was put there to keep you from having to hit the shift key and then period to speed up your typing.
    10-17-09 09:16 AM
    I just got my Tour phone thursday and I LOVE IT. However there's one problem thats irking me, not sure if you all had the same problem or not.

I would have to backspace and type all over again and SLOWLY and fix it when it did that. I've looked all over on my phone to fix the spacebar or the sensitivity of it.

help?
    This is true, if you hit space bar twice while typing it will insert a . No way that I am ware of to disable this. If this is not the case and you are only hitting space once, try a battery reset. If this does not resolve it, then you may need to have the device replaced.
    10-17-09 09:37 AM

help?
    This is true, if you hit space bar twice while typing it will insert a . No way that I am ware of to disable this. If this is not the case and you are only hitting space once, try a battery reset. If this does not resolve it, then you may need to have the device replaced.
    10-17-09 09:37 AM
    how to do a battery reset? im not hitting it twice.
    10-17-09 09:46 AM
    With the device turned on - pull the battery for about 15 seconds and then re-insert it.
    10-17-09 09:47 AM
    Download quickpull and set it to run everyday at some point and you can also do a battery reset from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 12:26 PM
    You might also want to check your key repeat speed. If it is set to fast you will caps lots of words and insert plenty of periods.

10-17-09 12:45 PM
    It's actually a feature that took me a few weeks to get used to, but now, I couldn't live without it! I type on my computer and hit "space" twice and get upset when it doesn't give me a period! lol
    10-17-09 12:48 PM
    I haven't used it too much but I guess I'll have to start using it more.

10-17-09 02:20 PM
    It's actually a feature that took me a few weeks to get used to, but now, I couldn't live without it! I type on my computer and hit "space" twice and get upset when it doesn't give me a period! lol
    ROFL, I'm the same way with it. Oh and Bmike, good point.

Pakata, go to Options>Screen/keyboard then scroll down to your key rate. set it for slow and this will probably stop it from happening altogether. You can thank Bmike for remembering this. I was just telling you where to go to set it.
    10-17-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD