I've had my Tour for about 5 weeks now and am running v4.7.1.53 and the standard theme that came on the phone.

Here's what's happening: I have different alert sounds set for different email accounts, SMS & BB Messenger- the same way my 8330 was set up...For some reason, the Tour gives me the same sound on ALL alerts: the BB Pro_Sanguine tone. Rather than hear different sounds for email vs. SMS, I get the same sound. This started about 2 weeks ago, just randomly, and is now happening all the time.

I'm certainly not an "expert" user; however, I've used BlackBerry since the thumbwheel days and know my way around it fairly well. This is a problem I've never experienced.

Ideas?
    11-09-09 01:44 PM
    You may have to make sure that the sound alerts for each individual messenger is different for each individual profile as well.
    Ex: Loud: make sure all of the sound notifications are different and if you switch back to normal, make sure they are different there as well.
    11-09-09 01:48 PM
    That's kind of a weird issue. If I were you I'd backup all my stuff onto a computer or whatever then reinstall the O.S. That's if you're sure that you have all different sounds set for your device and for some reason the same ones keep coming up.

Have you tried to contact verizon about this? It sounds like it's just a bug or a glitch or something, doing a wipe of the system and reinstalling should fix the problem but I don't know if you've tried that yet or not.
    11-09-09 02:51 PM
    Do a battery pull. That was happening to me and it works
    11-09-09 03:29 PM
    Thanks! I wiped the handheld and all seems to be working fine....
    11-09-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD