Hey, I had a storm for 7 months. I had huge call quality issues. I sounded muffled on the first phone I had, so I got it replaced, and had the same issue, so rather than it being a phone problem I assumed it was just a defect in all the phones and a replacement wouldn't fix the problem at all. I was completely wrong. I actually ended up going through 4 Storms for various reasons, and they all sounded horrible, but eventually I bought a Tour and sold my Storm. I had heard the Tour was the exact same innards as the Storm, and that it just had a physical querty keyboard and no touchscreen. I also saw on the forums that some people had the exact same muffled sounding issues that I was having with my storm. I expected nothing different on my Tour, but I figured I'd call myself on my home phone and try out some different call quality settings to improve how I sounded. I was shocked as soon as I heard myself how clear and unobstructed I sounded. I was hearing myself like others should have been hearing me on my storms. Based on this, I'm starting to think that it's perhaps a phone defect that just happens to be plaguing a LOT of phones. Or maybe my phone is a fluke and I just sound like I'm supposed to. Thoughts?
    08-16-09 03:54 PM
    we already knew its a hardware problem
    08-16-09 04:03 PM
    When/where did you get it?
    08-16-09 09:43 PM
    I don't agree. I don't know if others have tried this, but record yourself with the voice recorder. Mine sounds clear, but phone calls using the same microphone sound like crap. Bluetooth headsets sound like crap as well. This particular issue is more likely software, IMO.
    08-16-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD