so this morning at 3 am i got a text. thats normal for me though. however, i realized that when i put my phone back in the charging dock it makes this loud ding. is there any way to turn this off without losing the alerts sounds?
    12-28-09 10:51 AM
    this is when it says entering bedside mode, btw
    12-28-09 10:52 AM
    bump for annoyingness?
    12-28-09 11:50 AM
    What's an easy/quicker way to enter bedside mode other than going to the clock and selecting it?
    12-28-09 12:32 PM
    other than putting it as one of your quick keys on the sides i dont think there is
    12-28-09 12:55 PM
    If you have a charging cradle, it can be set to go into bedside mode automatically. I have my Tour set up to go into bedside mode when placed in the charger (between 11pm and 8am).

If I set it in the charging cradle on my desk during the work day, the clock appears, but doesn't go into bedside mode. When I place it in the cradle on my nightstand before going to bed, it goes into bedside mode.
    12-28-09 02:58 PM
    i do have it set up to do that, but my problem is its making a really loud beep when i do so
    12-28-09 03:44 PM
    If you have a charging cradle, it can be set to go into bedside mode automatically. I have my Tour set up to go into bedside mode when placed in the charger (between 11pm and 8am).

If I set it in the charging cradle on my desk during the work day, the clock appears, but doesn't go into bedside mode. When I place it in the cradle on my nightstand before going to bed, it goes into bedside mode.
    How do you set it to not go into bedside mode for work? Mine is set to go into bedside mode when it charges, since I do charge it every night while I sleep. However, if I need to charge it at work via USB cable, it goes into bedside mode and I always have to change it from Phone Calls only (sleep sounds) to Vibrate (work sounds).

Thanks! Oh, and mine does not make any noise when entering bedside mode so I can't help with the OP question. Sorry!
    12-28-09 07:01 PM
    There is a setting for bedside mode under the clock's options: "Restrict to Certain Hours". By setting this, it will only go into bedside mode during the hours you choose. When outside the time selection, the clock will still appear, but it doesn't activate bedside mode (I can press the back key to leave the clock screen).
    12-28-09 11:30 PM
    Answer to the OP:

Turn off your event notifications.
    12-29-09 08:21 AM
    Ok, for the life of me I cannot find settings to make it go into bedside mode automatically when in the base.
    I also do not see the bedside mode time restrictions area.

I went into the clock, then into Options, not in there.
    What am I doing wrong?

Is it a OS version thing?
    I'm on 4.7.1.53
    12-29-09 04:33 PM
    Ok, for the life of me I cannot find settings to make it go into bedside mode automatically when in the base.
    I also do not see the bedside mode time restrictions area.

I went into the clock, then into Options, not in there.
    What am I doing wrong?

Is it a OS version thing?
    I'm on 4.7.1.53
    I'm not sure about the time restrictions but I am certain that you can make it go into bedside mode for OS 4.7 I believe it is the 3rd field under Clock/Options. Specifically, it says "When Charging:" and the dropdown menu has these options - Do nothing, Display Clock, Enter Bedside Mode. I know I used this when I had 4.7 but I didn't do the time restriction until after I went to 5.0 so I can't say for sure. I can check my husband's BBerry tonight since he hasn't upgraded to 5.0 yet.
    12-29-09 04:57 PM
    mine makes that noise too when in the cradle. if you pay attention, it makes that noise once it's fully charged. so when you take it out and put it back on teh charger right away, it's still fully charged and that's why it makes that noise is to let you know it's fully charged. at least that's my thought. if that's not why, i don't know.
    12-29-09 05:03 PM
    other than putting it as one of your quick keys on the sides i dont think there is
    That and hooking it up to the charger.
    12-29-09 05:16 PM
    figured it out. it was berrybuzz alerting me when my battery was fully charged
    12-29-09 05:37 PM
    mine makes that noise too when in the cradle. if you pay attention, it makes that noise once it's fully charged. so when you take it out and put it back on teh charger right away, it's still fully charged and that's why it makes that noise is to let you know it's fully charged. at least that's my thought. if that's not why, i don't know.
    figured it out. it was berrybuzz alerting me when my battery was fully charged
    Good call. I knew I was on to something; didn't know it was berrybuzz though.
    12-29-09 05:41 PM
    yup, it just clicked that it was berrybuzz in my alerts, cause i saw that fully charged thing earlier
    12-29-09 05:50 PM
    Specifically, it says "When Charging:" and the dropdown menu has these options - Do nothing, Display Clock, Enter Bedside Mode. .

There it is!
    Perfect!
    Thank you so much.
    12-30-09 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD