So while messing around with the options menu, I increased the sensitivity for the trackball and found the stickiness to be MUCH less of an issue. All I did was change it from 70 to 80 and it is working much better. To do this, just go to Options > Screen/Keyboard and then scroll down and you should see it. Let me know how it works for you guys.
    07-13-09 08:39 AM
    yes that is known to work. however it seems that the trackball issues are software related and that an update is due out soon.
    08-09-09 11:38 AM
    My newly exchanged tour with the flawless trackball must have that update already.
    08-09-09 12:03 PM
    it is a hardware issue, not a software issue. It costs Blackberry alot of money to return a phone. If they could have fixed this with a software issue, they would have by now.
    08-09-09 12:04 PM
    its software related, not hardware... the next OS update will correct the issues
    08-09-09 12:11 PM
    I guess I am one of the luck ones who havent had the trackball issue (knock on wood)
    08-09-09 12:14 PM
    I guess I am one of the luck ones who havent had the trackball issue (knock on wood)
    It's there..type out a long email and/or text (160 char) then try to move the cursor to a certain word.

It's software though so don't panic : )
    08-09-09 12:28 PM
    ya my trackball is a little sticky but it was a used phone so im sure all those weird thing that could be on fingers could get in there huh?
    08-09-09 12:31 PM
    Lolz at trackball threads!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 12:32 PM
    My newly exchanged tour with the flawless trackball must have that update already.
    I actually went to BestBuy the other day to exchange my phone because of a few issues, and the rep told me the trackball issue is a software issue, and would be updated very shortly....

I looked at him with a "your an *****" expression, and advised him that although crackberry.com is an excellent resource, you cant believe everything you read on there, and must always use common sense when applicable.

I have personally handled several different Tours over the last few weeks, and I assure everyone here, there are HARDWARE differences between the units. NOT fixable with a software update. I cant make this any more clearer.
    08-09-09 12:54 PM
    Software or Hardware or both, mine works ok, My Tour was a July 12th release and did not have any of the problems I hear about. It was made in Canada not sure if that makes a difference. I am waiting for the new OS to come out maybe it will fix some of those problems like trackball or loose battery cover or whatever. I am very happy with my Tour!
    08-13-09 03:16 PM
    It's hardware. One of the first ones we ordered struggled if you tried to roll it to the right. It went right back to Verizon. The replacement was smooth as the other ones we have. We just started to send out about a dozen this week so I'll see if I hear anything back..
    08-13-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD