I have a password set on my blackberry tour for verizon, for the first time today I decided im going to download blackberry desktop for my mac, when it asked me to plug in the phone, it asked for a password. I entered the two passwords i use on my phone, and none of them are working. I cant get my phone to unlock and it says this is the final attempt at a password or its erasing all my information. What do i do? Can anyone help?
    02-08-10 03:07 AM
    Do you have the caps lock in or something? If you hit alt and shift on the left side it will hold down the numbers on the right side it will hold down caps. Or are you talking about typing it in with the computer? I'm not sure. Disable the password on your blackberry before you plug it in. I have no password on mine so it has never asked me.
    02-08-10 04:34 AM
    UNplug and try the password on the phone itself. Maybe you were pressing numbers and/or letters on the phone keypad but on the computer you were using just the letters?????
    02-08-10 10:02 AM
    Theres no way to bypass the password screen or if you get the last password wrong then it's going to wipe everything. I hope you have some back ups saved.
    02-08-10 10:50 AM
    Sometimes the password is different than you thought it was when you see it on your phone keyboard. Unless you are in a position where you really feel you need a password on your BB I wouldn't even do it next time. I don't do it on mine. But I know some people have important stuff that they feel they must.
    02-08-10 12:59 PM
    i appreciate everyones responses, but i feel like a dumass, i use to many pws for different things and was typing in the wrong one. I was on my final attempt and i had to sleep on it. I use my phone pw all the time but for some reason when typing it on the computer it didnt seem like the right one. I apologize, but thank you all
    02-08-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD