Ok, I have a VZW Curve 8330 and just got my Tour in the mail. I registered the device online and then did *228 to activate. Everything works, I can make calls, etc. But now I need to "switch devices". Well, to start off, my CD that came with the phone will not work. I put it in my machine and it opens up a blank window and just spins and doesn't go any further. Do I need to update to the latest BB desktop manager before switching devices? I just did a backup on my Curve tonight before starting all this.

Can you even download the latest BB Desktop manager? I looked on BB's site and didn't see 5.0...
    07-14-09 10:48 PM
    the latest DM was shipped with the Tour, install it, device switch and you are done. In a reasonable amount of time.
    07-14-09 10:51 PM
    Well, for whatever reason, the CD is not working...

Can i use my current version 4.3.0.17? And do I have to have both old and new phones connected at the same time?
    07-14-09 10:53 PM
    Upgrade to 4.7. And follow the prompts that device switch gives you.
    Thanks! Downloading now...
    07-14-09 10:56 PM
    Hey i have a question. I obviously don't have enough posts to start a new thread but i'm really hoping someone can help.

I just got my tour yesterday and i'm trying to sync my contacts from outlook with my phone. Problem is that no matter what i do nothing happens. I've followed the Crackberry 101 post on how to sync contacts but even that doesnt seem to help. The desktop manager says congratulations and everything but no contacts when i look in my phone.

Any ideas?
    07-14-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD