Recently got my Tour and I have a few questions.

I'm with Bell and when I try to send longer text messages it doesn't let me because I reach max characters. Any way to increase the max characters in a text?

Also for all the hockey people out there. I'm in a hockey pool with yahoo sports, is there any app for it to work with my Tour? Because when I go there it tries to load the full site and its slow and usually fails lol.

Thanks
    10-03-09 08:54 PM
    Send using MMS instead of SMS
    10-03-09 08:57 PM
    Also there is an app called Beyond160

(Beyond160 - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store)

it's 6.99 and well worth it. you start a SMS normal and if you hit the character limit you open the normal message menu and scroll to Beyond160. It then copies whatever you typed and pastes in a message that has no limit.

Fair warning though, once you pass the initial character limit your message will be sent in multiples. Just in case you are on a limited plan and need to keep track
    10-03-09 09:35 PM
    thanks for the help guys, if i send something mms, will the other person receive is as an ssm text? whats the diff between mms and ssm. ******** question..sorry lol
    10-03-09 10:32 PM
    Does Bell allow MMS on BB? (TELUS doesn't and I thought Bell didn't either.)

In your Messages App, click MENU. (That's the BB logo button to the left of trackball.)
    Scroll down to a bunch of Compose options. There is Compose Email, SMS, PIN. Is Compose MMS there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 01:44 AM
    SMS is short for "Short Message Service" which is basically a Text message

MMS is short for "Multimedia Messaging Service" which is a Picture/Video message

if you send a txt message as a MMS it will be received that way. Without a specific messaging plan this can cost more to send as well as recieve.
    10-04-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD