I called VZW and talked to a tech today, and she pressed the issue that if you used your phone when you purchased it or charged it for a few moments without actually charging it fully, it leaves your phone with a memory of half charging which causes the phone to take extremely long to charge or having to charge your phone multiple times a day. Also, to save your battery I suggest you put it on standby in between usage.

Batteries within the blackberry has a 1 year warranty, so you could go to a VZW to request a new battery and try turning your phone off and charging the phone fully before using it.

Guess I'll see how far this will take us!
    Last edited by modelaspect; 07-21-09 at 02:35 PM.
    07-21-09 02:29 PM
    um i think you were lied to... this uses a li-ion battery, virtually no memory effect.
    07-21-09 02:31 PM
    lmfao that's bull**** the OS is draining the battery just wait for a new OS to released and that issue will be solved most blackberry's have battery issues with new devices software
    07-21-09 02:32 PM
    Lithium ion batteries to not create a memory. Also, try fully discharging and recharging once to calibrate the phone + battery. Was what we had to do with the storm after pretty much every leak >.>.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 02:33 PM
    This phone is crazy. My phone goes dead in the middle of the night, and when i wake up it be on but it be dead!
    07-21-09 02:33 PM
    turn your screen brightness down to 10

change mobile network>network technology to 1XEV

why arent you guys charging your phones overnight?
    07-21-09 02:35 PM
    lmfao that's bull**** the OS is draining the battery just wait for a new OS to released and that issue will be solved most blackberry's have battery issues with new devices software
    My mom has the curve and she can go up to 3 days without being charged and she uses her phone all day every day due to the fact her emails from work are always being sent.. and then she does a great amout of texting or other apps.
    07-21-09 02:37 PM
    turn your screen brightness down to 10

change mobile network>network technology to 1XEV

why arent you guys charging your phones overnight?
    I fall asleep on the phone .. lol
    07-21-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD