Hi all. After being as patient as possible, i finally got fed up with my storm and sold it. I am meeting up with someone off craigslist that is selling a NIB blackberry tour. I am meeting him at verizon to make sure the ESN is clear and not a stolen phone.

Anyway, i have a few questions in regards to the quality control of the tour. I am aware of trackball issues and a battery door issue. Are there any other issues i should look out for?

I am aware of the battery door issue and will check for that right away. However, in regards to the trackball, is there any way for me to be able to check and tell right away if the phone's trackball will fail or not? Are there any clues i can look for?

I am a bit skeptical buying a phone from a 3rd party because i will not have verizons exchange policy in case something is wrong with the phone. Verizon was very good at changing out 5 storms for me with no questions asked . If the trackball indeed breaks, can i fix this by myself? I don't want to be possibly stuck with a broken phone in 2 months and not be able to get it fixed or replaced.

Thanks for your help.
    10-01-09 12:58 AM
    just test out the phone. Most of the time the trackball is something that is defective out of the box, not so much an issue of it failing over time.
    10-01-09 01:02 AM
    Also check the build date and location on the box. If you do a search, there should be a thread that consolidates the BB Tours with build date, location and whether or not they have problems.
    10-01-09 01:40 AM
    You put your storm up for adoption?! Special needs phones aren't for everyone they need a lot of extra love. Whoever adopted it has a great heart. Hopefully they will be patient with these needs.

Get the tour! Heheh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 06:43 AM
    I don't think I would get a tour with all its potential problems maybe another berry, like a 8900 or another curve. I would suggest a bold, but only to the real power users like myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 09:08 AM
    you wont be dissappointed trust me. The only thing you will miss is the screen size. But having a full keyboard rules
    10-01-09 09:19 AM
    I just bought one from a guy off craigslist. He pulled the box out and was like here ya go. I told him I just wanted to check it out since I had heard about trouble with the trackball. His face changed a little and I just grinned. I pulled it out the box and powered it on and to say I noticed the TB problem is an understatement. It would not scroll right, period. The device was a little scratched and beat up, so he sold it to me for 80 bucks. Within a half hour of getting home, I had the trackball changed out with that of an 8330 and now it's perfect. Long story short though, at least from my experience, you will be able to tell immediately whether or not there is an issue. Also check to see what he has the sensitivity setting set to. If it's 100, click it down to 70 and see how it works.
    10-01-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD