I got the storm, hated it, returned it for the curve and signed a 2 year deal...and now the tour will be out soon. I'm definiately going to be charging that baby up on my credit card. Any other psycho's like me willing to put up 500 plus for this baby? or are most of you going to wait until contract is up, or until your eligible?

I need to have the newest and greatest, and having only a verizon wireless selection isnt saying much, but with the tour, i'm going to have to pay full retail. I think the curve full retail is 499..so the tour is going to be easily 500 to 600 bucks.
    06-16-09 12:47 AM
    Ive already got a 2 years left on my contract and I'm hoping Telus will give me loyalty and cut me a deal with a new contract, but if not I'll still pay full retail, no matter the cost.
    06-16-09 12:49 AM
    I got the Strom when it first came out but the dust problem is killing me. I will pay $500 for the Tour. Please no dust please no dust!
    06-16-09 12:50 AM
    I have sprint and just signed for the curve.
    I will defiantly be getting this new tour somehow.
    (:
    06-16-09 12:52 AM
    can i file an insurance claim saying that i lost my storm and get a tour and then wipe my storm and ebay it?
    06-16-09 12:54 AM
    can i file an insurance claim saying that i lost my storm and get a tour and then wipe my storm and ebay it?
    thats insurance fraud and i believe that you will get caught on verizon because they dont use sim cards, im not sure though
    06-16-09 12:57 AM
    no.. if you have insurance you would get a replacement storm..

as far as the op's question yes I am probably going to have to pay full retail..
    06-16-09 12:58 AM
    im waiting for my contract to end. I dont need to have the newest all the time. Im holding on to my BB for as long as i can.

in a few months a couple of bugs wouldve been sorted out by then, ill be waiting out for some promo prices also

in summary, i like to see early adopters eat up the costs, experience the bugs, test the phone for me, and While i sit and read reviews left and right and then i can pull the trigger =D
    06-16-09 12:59 AM
    shoot i worded that completely wrong...

Can i file a claim saying i lost the phone then get a replacement and sell the other one on ebay?
    06-16-09 01:00 AM
    Full pop for me and happy to admit it
    06-16-09 01:00 AM
    Like noaim said, they will give you a replacement Storm, not a new Tour. Also, you won't be able to sell the "lost" Storm, because it will be blacklisted as soon as the insurance claim is processed.
    06-16-09 01:04 AM
    Not me, with all the issues I've had with my 8330 (just ordered my 6th replacement since November), Telus is offering me new contract pricing on the Tour. So I get to keep my new (comes in this week) 8330, plus the brand spankin' new Tour on the 22nd. Oh, and the 8330 has a full free-replacement warranty until my contract is up (2ish years now), and I'm going to make sure Telus gives me the same warranty for the Tour at little to no cost, considering the problems I've had in the past with the Curves. The way I look at it, it should be a "continuation" of my warranty that I originally purchased. If they don't offer me a discount I'm going to ask that they "transfer" the warranty from the Curve to the Tour.

Ahh... It's good.
    06-16-09 01:04 AM
    Jeez, I'm really debating it. I had VzW for a month and had the Storm but couldn't deal with having it for 2 years so switched to Alltel 2 weeks ago because there's no VzW in my area. Love the 8330 but already wanting the Tour. $500-600 is a lot of money. Idk if I want it that bad...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 01:31 AM
    I'm debating ... either a second line in which I really don't need but for the discount I'm considering it. Or simply pay the full price. Someone mentioned making my 1st line a pay as you go--- so I'm checking out my options, either way I'm getting that TOUR.
    06-16-09 03:48 AM
    For the tour? No... But I would pay full retail on a BlackBerry touch screen enabled slider bold I'd take that any day.

06-16-09 03:52 AM
    I got the storm, hated it, returned it for the curve and signed a 2 year deal...and now the tour will be out soon. I'm definiately going to be charging that baby up on my credit card. Any other psycho's like me willing to put up 500 plus for this baby? or are most of you going to wait until contract is up, or until your eligible?

I need to have the newest and greatest, and having only a verizon wireless selection isnt saying much, but with the tour, i'm going to have to pay full retail. I think the curve full retail is 499..so the tour is going to be easily 500 to 600 bucks.
    I will. Phone went bad with alltel so made the jump to vz (alltel going there anyway). Picked up storm and never could get the typing down. Returned for the curve and will buy the Tour at full retail. Either through online preorder or in store

06-16-09 03:54 AM
    Technically I'm eligible for upgrade on 10/02/09 but I'm good friends with the manager at my local store and was talking with him tonight about this very subject and he should be able to help me out.

Also between reading comments on here for so long, the consensus seems to be if you're within like 6 months and you get a nice rep in a good mood they can make an exception- after all it's not like they're really doing you a favor within 6 months- you are signing your life over for 2 years. If you talk with a rep and they're not so helpful you can also ask for the retention department, they have the authority to do all kinds of things to keep you as a customer.
    06-16-09 05:45 AM
    I am eligible for an upgrade in 3 months so I will continue using my 8830 until sept.

06-16-09 05:45 AM
    I really don't get why someone thinks insurance fraud is okay?
    06-16-09 05:52 AM
    I am buying full price. Got the 2g's ready. That money is for the phones and nice cases and probably extra batteries.

06-16-09 06:33 AM
    NE2

(10 char)
    06-16-09 06:46 AM
    i dont mean to be a d&&k but that is why insurance costs are going up and up due to losses. i've done it myself and wont be doing it again.
    06-16-09 06:59 AM
    shoot i worded that completely wrong...

Can i file a claim saying i lost the phone then get a replacement and sell the other one on ebay?
    yes, you can get a replacement REFURB, and you would have to sell it as a refurb, bc the buyer can punch in the ESN when they call up VZW and they will tell them if it's a refurb or not. it will hurt your numbers if you lie and the buyer might file a claim "item is different than advertised"
    06-16-09 07:01 AM
    YESSS I am another one who will be paying full retail price for the phone... I cant wait for it to be released Im jus hoping it not over $600
    06-16-09 07:54 AM
    I will be paying full too
    06-16-09 07:58 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD