I am planning the move to the Blackberry World! I have had my eye on the Tour for the past month and have tried to ready as many posts as I could, both before and after the release. Some seem to love it....some thing that it is not all it's cracked up to be. I'm curious to really see how well it is meeting everyone's expectations. Is it worth it for me as a new BB user to get the Tour, or should I just get the 8330 or even the 8830? I don't need it for world travel, but I am attending grad school and will need to access school web and email, as well as just surfing the web, etc.
    07-12-09 08:34 PM
    Great phone, it really is a crossover between the Bold and 8900. I used both for a few months, and i must say that the Tour is the perfect device, it really is best of both worlds.
    07-12-09 08:36 PM
    That is great news

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 09:50 PM
    My Mini-Review. I walked into my Verizon store at 10AM today and walked out with my shiny new Tour at 10:30. I have spent ALL DAY tweaking it, installing/uninstalling, etc. until it was perfect. I just recently transferred over my Calendar and Address Book from my Curve about ~30mins ago and the new Desktop Manager 5.0 made it super simple.

I have to say, without a doubt. I love this phone! RIM has done it again and knocked it out of the park. I think all of the professional-phone-sites can give you the details, but I just wanted to confirm as a consumer that my Tour is rock solid (no defects that I can tell) and seriously awesome. There is no need to list the pros, but I do wanna mention a couple of things I'm "iffy" on, not enough to call it a "con" though...
    • Lack of WiFi. I for one would never use it, but I do know that there are a few individuals who could really actually benefit from it, not counting the whiners on the forums.
    • Trackball. There is nothing wrong with it, but if you're coming from a different BB it feels extremely awkward at first. I expect the feeling to last about a day as my thumb muscles get used to it. Interesting note though, my friend who has never used a previous BB devices LOVES the trackball.
    • Keyboard. Exact same thing as the Trackball, kind of awkward at first.
    • Bloatware. Seriously, it feels like Verizon loaded up the phone with a ton of bloatware and unremoveable icons for apps I'm never going to use.
    • Sound Profiles. I miss my ability to tweak every sound profile individually. However, I do understand the new method RIM is trying to push.
    • Included CD. While DEFINITELY NOT RIM's FAULT, it is disappointing to see the included installation CD unable to be used. Don't know if this problem affects everyone though.
    07-12-09 10:04 PM
    I had also planned on making the switch to a Blackberry today. I've never been one to text or surf the internet on my phone; however, I have my own business so I thought it would be handy to check my business email. To make a long story short, the store I went to spent two hours trying to fix their system because the last Tour was showing sold in the system even though it was availalble. Disappointed, I had to go home empy handed because they couldn't get this fixed. I was so excited but I will live.
    07-12-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD