you know that loser kid at school that somehow gets to hang out with a couple cooler kids? and those cool kids just kind of keep him around but no one knows why... and the loser kid just gets excited by being around the cool guys and hearing them talk?

i feel like that loser kid right now. lol
    LOL LOL LOL
    06-16-09 06:11 PM
    I love the fact that you CrackBerry guys are so informed.

Thanks!
    06-16-09 06:14 PM
    OS 5.0.0.117 for the 9630 that sounds very nice!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lat...-builds-58960/

Thanks CX!
    06-16-09 06:24 PM

For the record the builds are a good ways past .28. Here's a few: .32, .36, .50, .58
    All of which work rather well.
    CX, does that mean that the higher the number, the better or more reliable the software? i.e, .36 is more reliable than .32?

Forgive me for asking as I am new to this technology stuff, but what exactly, in layman's terms, do these numbers really mean?

Thanks
    06-16-09 08:29 PM
    Generally speaking yes. Although its not always the case. Software development is fickle and very complicated.
    For example, build xx1 is compiled and then distributed to testers/tested virtually and all bugs and defects are noted and the Developers get a bug report submitted to them by said testers. They then re-code/re-write the code in build xx2 to try and fix the problems in build xx1. Most of the time build xx2 is an improvement over the first. Sometimes is somewhat of a step backwards. But the goal is to improve with each new revision and this is usually what happens.
    Eventually the software get to a certain level of stability and only minor changes and further optimization takes place and its hard to tell much difference between each new revision.
    While this is a very generic and simplified example of what happens in the testing process, this is basically how it works. So you can bet that .58 will work better than build .28, and so on and so on. Hope this helps.
    06-16-09 08:46 PM
    Generally speaking yes. Although its not always the case. Software development is fickle and very complicated.
    For example, build xx1 is compiled and then distributed to testers/tested virtually and all bugs and defects are noted and the Developers get a bug report submitted to them by said testers. They then re-code/re-write the code in build xx2 to try and fix the problems in build xx1. Most of the time build xx2 is an improvement over the first. Sometimes is somewhat of a step backwards. But the goal is to improve with each new revision and this is usually what happens.
    Eventually the software get to a certain level of stability and only minor changes and further optimization takes place and its hard to tell much difference between each new revision.
    While this is a very generic and simplified example of what happens in the testing process, this is basically how it works. So you can bet that .58 will work better than build .28, and so on and so on. Hope this helps.
    Actually, yes it does. Thank you.

I would imagine that as time goes on, subsequent phones that are sold to Verizon, Sprint, etc., will have higher builds. But will all of the Tours that are shipped together at launch, whenever that is, will all 9630s have the same build?, or will some of the phones have different builds?
    Last edited by BBZAX; 06-17-09 at 06:24 AM.
    06-16-09 09:22 PM
    I see what you mean. I do remember that even our trusted insiders were praising the Storm, saying it is great. Was it? No. Is it? Hahahaaha! Sooo...whats to say they are right, this time?

Well, I think it helps that we have seen many videos (EARLY videos, like that little kid lol) using the Tour and it was super fast. So, maybe the insiders are actually right, this time?

I remember prior to storm launch saying that it was a great device.. The storm is a love/Hate thing and there are about a million users perfectly happy with it..

I have a tour and have had one for a min and what phone do I still use as my personal device? The Storm... As for the tour I'm sure that most users will love it but its an update to current spec norms for BB devices.. Lot of memory and nice display, its evolutionary not revolutionary like the storm was for RIM...

that said the device is smoking fast, stable and the OS is much better then the units that we first received.
    06-16-09 09:35 PM
    I want in on these pre-release units. Where do I sign up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 09:51 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD