So you all have me REALLY considering a Tour... but reading all this enthusiasm has me wondering... will Best Buy even HAVE any tomorrow?

How many of you happen to catch if your Best Buy was selling them like hotcakes?

I went to Best Buy today just to scan things... and she said she had a few left and that I REALLY should grab one... but at the time I thought it was just a sales pitch... but now I'm a bit worried!

Can you put an old man's mind at ease??
    07-12-09 11:32 PM
    I work at a fairly large best buy store and we got 12 Tours in. We only sold 1 preorder and I'm pretty sure the one I bought there was the only one sold today. I'd say you're pretty safe. Also, Best Buy has better pricing than verizon. 99 New line and 149 Upgrade. No rebates no bull.
    07-12-09 11:37 PM
    I walked into the Muskegon MI BB 2 1/2 hours after they opened (Sun) and I was the first one to buy one.

I guess it depends on your city.
    07-12-09 11:38 PM
    My BB didn't get squat..either of them...i just wanted to look at one since the sprint stores don't have them and won't let me upgrde 2 qeeks early. they didn't even have any for VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 11:44 PM
    I work at a fairly large best buy store and we got 12 Tours in. We only sold 1 preorder and I'm pretty sure the one I bought there was the only one sold today. I'd say you're pretty safe. Also, Best Buy has better pricing than verizon. 99 New line and 149 Upgrade. No rebates no bull.
    How much is it off contract at best buy?
    07-12-09 11:45 PM
    My BB didn't get squat..either of them...i just wanted to look at one since the sprint stores don't have them and won't let me upgrde 2 qeeks early. they didn't even have any for VZW.

Just call Sprint's CS and they should let you upgrade early, if the rep can't help you then tell them that you want to cancel your line.

You'll be transferred to Account Services aka Retentions, you can get your Tour from them - no rebates no bull.

Retentions have the power to make it happen.
    07-12-09 11:52 PM
    Just call Sprint's CS and they should let you upgrade early, if the rep can't help you then tell them that you want to cancel your line.

You'll be transferred to Account Services aka Retentions, you can get your Tour from them - no rebates no bull.

Retentions have the power to make it happen.
    Retention won't always do this... It takes numerous calls and sometimes if you're not careful they'll note the account telling everyone NOT to honor such a thing.
    07-12-09 11:56 PM
    Retention won't always do this... It takes numerous calls and sometimes if you're not careful they'll note the account telling everyone NOT to honor such a thing.
    That's true, this isn't set in stone, but dsullivan7781 only wants to upgrade a couple of weeks early.
    07-13-09 12:11 AM
    My BB had like twenty when i got there and i was the first one to buy one at 11. They didn't even have any pre orders
    07-13-09 12:16 AM
    My BB had like 3 pre-orders and that's about it
    07-13-09 12:18 AM
    I don't know where you live, but I stopped by a BB in northern NJ on Sunday afternoon (around 2:00) to look for accessories (my Tour is on preorder). They didn't have any demos, but they had about 20 Tours available for sale.

I don't think you'll have any problems, although inventory is probably different in each BB.

Interestingly, the Verizon retail store (not corporate) didn't receive any Tours or accessories and were hoping to get some on Monday. That really surprised me---they're listed as a Verizon "premium retailer," although I don't know if that means anything---and I would have thought that all Verizon stores would have the Tour for sale on Sunday.
    07-13-09 12:19 AM
    Thank you all for responding... I feel a bit better.

I'm here in the SF Bay Area... and the store I checked yesterday had no demo... she said that was due to the fact they just didn't "have an extra to spare".

I would think that if possible, they'd WANT to have a demo. Some people actually want to FEEL it in their hands before they make such a purpose.

But I'm just a teacher... no marketing skills, whatsoever.

(Unless you consider getting kids to WANT to learn = "marketing") LOL
    07-13-09 09:16 AM
    My Best Buy only got two...and had sold the 2nd one by 11:30 (they opened at 11:00). I bought the first on preorder. BUT...it's possible they were expecting more in today or tomorrow.
    07-13-09 09:20 AM
    Went to best buy yesterday and they had 15 in the Patchogue long island store. No one was looking for them, not even a demo out. They took out a new one and let me play with it and they walked away! Lol

I guess it depends on where you live but the average joe consumer isn't aware of the hype so I'm sure you can find one there!

Also, iit was only $149 for an upgrade and $99 for new line or contract!

Sweet phone!

07-13-09 09:21 AM
    hold on...i will call all the stores in your area to check for you...um...wait..
    07-13-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD