Well basically what happened I walked into VZW's store today and was having problems with my Storm. Some of you may or may not know that I had previously tried to get rid of my Storm for a Tour through VZW but no such luck.

So I fully was expecting to walk out with a Curve or 8830.

Well to sum it up the manager came over too look at what was going on with the account to see what phone they could give me. Basically told me himself I should get a Tour because its so great etc.

In the end I ended up getting a Tour for the 2 year price and my NE2 is still 10 months away . . .

Well off the bat I can honestly say this phone is far and above the Storm in almost every way.

Its highly responsive. Very quick. Only lagged on me once but that was right out of the box. Since then I have installed a good bit of apps and also a battery pull and the phone is whizzing along.

Coming from the Storm the only thing to get used to is not having that touch navigation but since I had a Curve before I think it was easier for me to get acquainted because it doesn't feel weird at all.

The keyboard is great it will take some getting used to but for the most part it is great.

My battery door moves a little but I have to MAKE it move so its not that big of a deal.

Some have complained about the trackball being a bit recessed but I like it. It's more balanced with the rest of the phone because it sticks up about as far as the keyboard buttons do.

There is really nothing bad I can say about this phone.

For those coming from Curves i think you guys could hold off. The phone itself is a bit snappier than the curve also better resolution on the screen. Faster Browsing etc. but its not a BIG upgrade over the Curve. I would say only get it if you want to keep up with the next generation of BB phones and if you travel over the world. If you dont really care and you absolutely love your Curve then stick with it. I plan on having this phone for a long time and i would have had my Storm but it never wanted to act right and after 5 i gave up.

For those coming from the Storm.

I would say only make the jump if you are really tired of your Storm and you dont watch videos.

The screen size will be a major killer for those that watch movies and such on their phones. Since i dont it didnt bother me at all to have a smaller screen. In fact I looked at my Storm a while ago and thought the screen was blurry lol.

So that about sums it up. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.
    07-25-09 01:38 AM
    Well I'm glad you like your tour enjoy it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 03:21 AM
    You shouldn't have had to pay for the Tour. 5 Storms? The Tour is supposed to be an approved phone for exchange due to multi FRU warranty issues.

07-25-09 05:33 AM
    You shouldn't have had to pay for the Tour. 5 Storms? The Tour is supposed to be an approved phone for exchange due to multi FRU warranty issues.

It was because of the fact that there weren't 3 replaced in a 90 day time frame

07-25-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD