Obviously there never was a Tour 2 and safe to assume there never will be. The bold 9650 is the cdma version of the the 2 gsm version 9000 and 9700 with a little more under the hood. Is Rim trying to solidify or condense their flagship lineups? Which I think is a good idea. The 4 major carriers all have some sort of curve and now Bold. Of course the storm is still exclusive to vz. Just build off those 3 platforms. JMHO!
    05-05-10 11:44 AM
    Yup Yup RIM is trying to slean up this name game, whcih is a good idea in my opinion as well.
    05-05-10 11:54 AM
    Tour line is...done. They flat out answered this at WES 2010.
    05-05-10 12:04 PM
    you guys think once OS6 is release.. other touch screen BB devices start launching for Sprint, ATT, and TMO?... i know the slider is suppose to be a touch screen but i mean a real touch screen like the storm
    05-05-10 12:09 PM
    Pisses me off....I ALWAYS buy the wrong f***ing phone. Seriously, why the **** can't I buy technology that doesn't get phased out completely !
    05-05-10 12:45 PM
    Obviously there never was a Tour 2 and safe to assume there never will be. The bold 9650 is the cdma version of the the 2 gsm version 9000 and 9700 with a little more under the hood. Is Rim trying to solidify or condense their flagship lineups? Which I think is a good idea. The 4 major carriers all have some sort of curve and now Bold. Of course the storm is still exclusive to vz. Just build off those 3 platforms. JMHO!
    Your picture is f-ing hilarious, I busted out laughing at my desk when I saw it. "A little to the left, ah, yeah"

Pisses me off....I ALWAYS buy the wrong f***ing phone. Seriously, why the **** can't I buy technology that doesn't get phased out completely !
    You didn't buy the wrong phone, your Tour is barely different than a 9700, only differences being a trackpad, WiFi, and a slightly faster processor. There will still be updates for the Tour, it's not just going to die away quietly. I'm not upset to have my Tour, I think it's a fantastic device, couldn't be happier with it. Come upgrade time, we'll see what BB is out and go from there.
    05-05-10 12:54 PM
    Your picture is f-ing hilarious, I busted out laughing at my desk when I saw it. "A little to the left, ah, yeah"

You didn't buy the wrong phone, your Tour is barely different than a 9700, only differences being a trackpad, WiFi, and a slightly faster processor. There will still be updates for the Tour, it's not just going to die away quietly. I'm not upset to have my Tour, I think it's a fantastic device, couldn't be happier with it. Come upgrade time, we'll see what BB is out and go from there.
    +1
    Why is the name such a big deal? The Bold was originally the Tour 2 and basically still is - the Tour didn't die, it just got adopted by the Bold family and since it was not even 1 year old they decided to change its name (it won't even remember, right?).
    05-05-10 01:27 PM
    If you look at all the specs, it basically is an upgraded tour, same screen, same camera, double the memory, trackpad, and wifi. The name shouldn't matter as long as you have the trusty device.
    05-05-10 03:18 PM
    The biggest difference (not officially confirmed) is the OS6 readiness of the Bold vs Tour....
    05-05-10 04:18 PM
    Besides, all technology get outdated. Fairly quickly too. i do hate when things are discontinued. It makes me feel old if i had said item, like snap bracelets and hypercolor and The Pump� sneakers. Blah.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 04:21 PM
    The biggest difference (not officially confirmed) is the OS6 readiness of the Bold vs Tour....
    And this is why even though i'm mostly satisfied with my 9630 i'll upgrade to the Bold eventually. i'm hungry for a better browser.

05-05-10 04:23 PM
    Pisses me off....I ALWAYS buy the wrong ******* phone. Seriously, why the **** can't I buy technology that doesn't get phased out completely !
    What difference does it make what they call it?

It's the same technology no matter what.
    05-05-10 04:38 PM
    Just keep Asurion insurance on your line then when they aren't really doing refurb Tours you can get a Tour 2 that way.
    05-05-10 08:46 PM
    A month or so ago, it was annoinced that the tour was labeled EOL "end of life". The Tour literally, is no more.

05-05-10 08:57 PM
    A month or so ago, it was annoinced that the tour was labeled EOL "end of life". The Tour literally, is no more.

I saw that blog entry on the CB front page too, but it only showed non-camera Tours that were becoming EOL. It made no mention of the more mainstream Tours w/camera.
    05-05-10 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD