I set up a Gmail account to see if I would get full true 2-way e-mail sync reconciliation but all indications are that it does NOT do that. The GMail site say it does not support it...yet I have seen postings that claim it does sycn two ways. Specifically - if I remove something from the GMail inbox via a web browser will that deletion be mirrored on the BB device GMail inbox? All indications are that such a reconciliation is NOT possibe.....in which case it is not better/different than AOL Mail. Or am I missing something here?
    11-27-09 04:09 PM
    I set up a Gmail account to see if I would get full true 2-way e-mail sync reconciliation but all indications are that it does NOT do that. The GMail site say it does not support it...yet I have seen postings that claim it does sycn two ways. Specifically - if I remove something from the GMail inbox via a web browser will that deletion be mirrored on the BB device GMail inbox? All indications are that such a reconciliation is NOT possibe.....in which case it is not better/different than AOL Mail. Or am I missing something here?
    The only way it will be truly two-way is if you use the gmail app on your berry downloadable from the google site. If you manage it through your BB mailbox it will sync back for reading and deleting messages. However managing it through your gmail inbox on your computer will not have the same affect on your phone.
    11-27-09 05:35 PM
    isnt the gmail plugin supposed to bring us that soon?
    11-27-09 05:46 PM
    I have to say that because with my old email provider I had and the latency and lag I was getting when someone would send me an email and when I would actually get it I started looking for alternatives and hence ... Gmail.

It is true that you cannot delete an email from a web based email and have it delete from your device while when you delete it from your device it will delete like it always has when you choose to delete from handheld and server.
    The main reason I changed to gmail and configured it as an IMAP is because of the speed... Now i have been test messaging myself and almost when the email is sent I get it on my BB or when someone else sends me an email now I receive it super fast.
    I know this doers not help you but I like the speed factor.
    11-27-09 05:58 PM
    If you're using the newest version of BIS there is 2-way sync, but it's not instant. Log into your into your BIS account through your carrier (i.e. sprint.blackberry.com), click on the edit option for your account, and you should see some sync options at the bottom.

Again, it's not instant. If you delete something from your inbox online, it will take some time before it's deleted off your Berry.
    11-27-09 06:17 PM
    If you're using the newest version of BIS there is 2-way sync, but it's not instant. Log into your into your BIS account through your carrier (i.e. sprint.blackberry.com), click on the edit option for your account, and you should see some sync options at the bottom.

Again, it's not instant. If you delete something from your inbox online, it will take some time before it's deleted off your Berry.
    My impression was that it shows up in the newest BIS but that it was not active yet, even if you have it selected as an option.
    11-27-09 06:31 PM
    My impression was that it shows up in the newest BIS but that it was not active yet, even if you have it selected as an option.
    I don't know about that. It works for me; it just doesn't sync right away. For instance, earlier today I had 45 emails on my Berry, then I logged into my Gmail account on my comp and deleted a handful emails, now (about 3 hours later) I only have 31 emails on my Berry. All of the emails I deleted from my computer are gone on my Berry.

Sometime it only takes a few minutes, other times it takes a few hours. I'm not sure when it syncs, but it does sync.
    11-27-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD