when are people really using wifi on there phones any way? in there cars on the highway? at the beach? I mean come on people! Chances are there is not wifi in even %15 of the places people use there phones anyway! wifi is nice but really should it be a deal breaker? I dont think so
    10-10-09 04:29 AM
    All you guys saying no because it doesn't have WiFi crack me up (and you all seem to be on networks other than VZW). The video for the speed test software (just released a short time ago) had a Bold on WiFi and it was around 750kbits/s. My Storm on VZW 3G is running right at 600 kbits/s. The Network works just fine here in my neck of the woods. WiFi is definitely not a dealbreaker for me one way or the other
    i was thinking the same thing too before i switched to verizon.. i had the 8900 and the bold prior and i was scared of the tour not having the wifi on it. but when i finally took the plunge, i can see why having no wifi is no big problem.
    the speed of the verizon network is fast even for streaming videos..
    on my bold, i had spotty 3G coverage from att especially here in the bay area, the 8900 doesn't support tmobile's 3G band so i use wifi to stream videos.

now with verizon, i rarely get the 1X (which i suppose is like EDGE connection compared to the GSM) i get the full 1XEV everywhere.. even inside a commercial parking garage!
    10-10-09 06:15 AM
    would definitely jump on this if verizon weren't forcing data plans with their blackberries now..eekk
    no offense, why would you get a blackberry withou data? you would be missing alot of good stuff.

i thought all carriers now are pushing everyone who gets a smartphone to sign up the contracts with data included??
    10-10-09 06:17 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD