hi everyone. im am a brand new member and i have a question i would like to ask. i am new to the blackberry world i just got my tour 2 weeks ago. as some of u might know there is a very nasty storm in the NE... so i had to go out for dinner, left my bb on my car seat, came back to my car and when i opened my door a sheet of snow covered my seat and bb. now i tried to blow and tap all the snow off before wiping it dry with a microfiber cloth.... but i noticed some water underneath the keyboard keys. now everything seems to work fine but i am worried maybe it will affect the peformance of my phone in the long run. what im am asking is will this moisture affect my phone and should i get it replaced, any thought would be greatly appreciated and im sorry for the long post. maybe im just over reacting.. thanks for reading

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 08:44 PM
    well check the water indicator on the battery and see if any go on the battery first....
    12-19-09 08:45 PM
    Return it. Say it's acting funny and get a replacement! Good luck.
    12-19-09 08:48 PM
    If there is water damage they can tell and wont replace
    12-19-09 08:50 PM
    Return it. Say it's acting funny and get a replacement! Good luck.
    FAIL.

Don't do this. First thing you should have done is pop out the battery and not put in back in until after you've allowed it to dry at least 12 hours on top of your cable box or in a bag of uncooked rice.
    12-19-09 08:51 PM
    lol @ FAIL.....yeah just pop the battery out for right now.
    12-19-09 08:53 PM
    thanks so much for the quick responses... i checked the battery was not wet anywhere under the cover prob because i have a rubber wrap around the phone. the trackball is acting weird but has been getting better... i wanna wait a day a see what happens but i dont want the moisture to corrode anything over time. i use my phone for everything and im liking the tour...TeeMax, i am not aware of the water indicator on the batt...care to inform me a little more ?? i have sprint they told me they would replace it with insurance if anything happens i didn't ask about water damage... thanks again... i think i worry too much

12-19-09 09:04 PM
    In the engineering screen of your blackberry there's a screen there that can tell how long your blackberry has been below 0 degrees. I'm pretty sure they will notice water damage. Don't return it. If Its fallen outside of warranty. remove the cover remove the battery and dry it slowly, do not use a direct source of heat such as a hairdryer or radiator as these can warp the boards inside the phone. Make sure you use either a bag of rice or packs of silica gel on the affected areas.

Good luck!

12-19-09 09:06 PM
    well there should be a little indicator sticker on your battery with like a red stripe going through it and if im not mistaken and someone correct me if im wrong but if its gets wet, the whole sticker turns red..
    12-19-09 09:06 PM
    my battery dosent have any red on it so i think im safe... thanks TeeMax. Spider, can i as just a user of the phone access the engineering screen or is it something only a rim tech can see?? i've only had the phone for a couple weeks thats why i dont want it to come back and bite me on the behind... i hope it will be ok. u think the cable box suggestion would be ok... my box is very warm, maybe its too warm?
    12-19-09 09:32 PM
    or you can try the rice technique...and your welcome...
    12-19-09 09:33 PM
    i just noticed the batt indicator thread...lol i think im gonna try the rice in a bag on my cable box for the night im just scared of scratching my screen....thanks again everyone im feeling a little better now
    12-19-09 09:39 PM
    well the rice might not and shouldnt scratch your screen or no one would do it!
    12-19-09 09:41 PM
    I'd just like to know how the heck did a snow get in your car?...lol
    12-19-09 09:47 PM
    I'd just like to know how the heck did a snow get in your car?...lol
    lol....forreal forreal and enough to cover your tour???
    12-19-09 09:50 PM
    "when i opened my door a sheet of snow covered my seat and bb."
    12-19-09 09:53 PM
    "when i opened my door a sheet of snow covered my seat and bb."
    o yeah, guess i dont read the whole post i just get to the main point....
    12-19-09 10:00 PM
    it was snowing really heavy i was away for a couple hours eating so all the soft snow that was around my door, about 2-3 inches, flew in when i opened the door and covered my seat along with a nice layer on my bb... i stupidly left my phone on the seat, dont ask why, and from now on maybe ill wipe the snow from the top of the door when it snows and leave my phone in the center console... i was trying to avoid getting it wet in the first place and this is what happens
    12-19-09 10:05 PM
    it was snowing really heavy i was away for a couple hours eating so all the soft snow that was around my door, about 2-3 inches, flew in when i opened the door and covered my seat along with a nice layer on my bb... i stupidly left my phone on the seat, dont ask why, and from now on maybe ill wipe the snow from the top of the door when it snows and leave my phone in the center console... i was trying to avoid getting it wet in the first place and this is what happens
    thats why i just keep my Tour in my pocket.....
    12-19-09 10:06 PM
    that is also very true...lol
    12-19-09 10:11 PM
    yea but i hope everything goes well wit your Tour
    12-19-09 10:28 PM
    Sorry to be blunt but leaving your BB on your car seat is really stupid. You're just begging someone to break into your car by doing that. Doing so in extremely hot or cold weather can damage it as well.
    Yes. Leaving anything of value in plain sight in a car is asking for a break-in.
    12-20-09 12:10 AM
    Just curious - (not trying to insult you) but you are so anal to begin with about your BlackBerry, why would you ever leave it on the seat or in the center console where someone could see it and probably break into your vehicle to steal it. Then, you would have the cost of replacing a window and replacing the BB.
    12-20-09 06:07 AM
    Engineering screens are something a RIM tech can see, you can see them, you would have to have a good search round and read up about the engineering screens, they are not for the feint of heart and shouldn't be messed with. I was just giving an example of what an engineer can see in the screens, so I imagine they will be able to tell if there has been any water on the phone at all.

12-20-09 06:13 AM
    Just curious - (not trying to insult you) but you are so anal to begin with
    Hmmm, you should try a little harder.
    12-20-09 06:33 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD