Hi gang,

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me...

Is there a setting whether or not you want a text message sent as SMS or MMS ? Here is why I ask. I have been using Vlingo for awhile and have enjoyed being able to use it instead of typing a text while driving. Everyone has been receiving my text messages as SMS , and now all of the sudden, all my texts are coming through as MMS to receipients when I use Vlingo..... It has never done this before when using Vlingo up until recently. The only change on the phone has been a recent upgrade to .419 from Verizons .161 ...... I contacted Vlingo support and they stated that it has to be something with the phone because all texts sent through Vlingo are SMS ...

THANKS FOR ANY INFO ON THIS NEW PROBLEM...

P.S. .419 is the BOMB !! Great OS !
    01-16-10 08:02 AM
    It would have to be an option somewhere in vlingo, unless it's a 5.0 issue. Downgrade back to what you were using and if it fixes itself, then it was a 5.0 issue.

EDIT: Also might want to try re-installing vlingo maybe?
    01-16-10 11:30 AM
    MMS is primarily used for sending text messages that contain added files such as photos or, maybe in your case, voice files. SMS is just letters (typing).

If you respond to a MMS using the sender's MMS format (for a regular text reply), the screen will flip from "page 1" to "page 2" (etc) as in a slide show ... because MMS is, as I mentioned, designed for transporting files with a text message.
    01-16-10 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD