Okay so I noticed after a while it takes FOREVER (like 10-15 seconds) to click an SMS when i receive a new one.

I have set the past messages to 15 days, and have even cleared all my messages to be sure.

But it still takes forever!!!!!!

Any tips???
    10-03-09 02:17 PM
    10-15 seconds is way to long .. It should be instant. What OS r u running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 02:35 PM

It did this with my curve too, I have no idea why, I try EVERYTHING to make the thing faster, especially when it comes to that cause im txting all day!
    10-03-09 02:43 PM
    I had the same problem. It frustrated the **** out of me. Fortunately when I upgraded to 4.7.1.53, everything was fixed. I recommend you upgrade.
    10-03-09 02:44 PM
    For me it sometimes takes me forever to receive and send, but it was typically due to poor signal or someone texting me simultaneously. It could possibly be that you don't have strong network range, or someone trying to text you b.c I never had a problem with stock os, but then again I upgraded to 5.0

10-03-09 02:49 PM
    Nah definitely not because of the network or poor signal, its definitely the phone, because the phone has the message already, it just lags and takes a while to open the message or actually move from screen to screen in the SMS messages thing.

I wish I could upgrade, but they dont have that version for Sprint, which means theres still problems on the network with that version :-\

I dont know....any other suggestions?
    10-03-09 03:25 PM
    I have the same exact issue with my Tour and I also had that issue with my Curve.

It only happens when I'm texting the same person over an extended period of time and it drives me up the wall!

The only suggestion that I have, which I'm sure you already did, is to "Remove History." That usually works for me, but it isn't as fast as I'd like it to be.

One day our Sprint OS will be ready for download. Hmph.
    10-03-09 06:34 PM
    what are the pros and cons of the upgrade and where and how do i get???? I am having the same problem it takes a good 15 seconds to open/send sms messages
    10-03-09 09:19 PM
    what are the pros and cons of the upgrade and where and how do i get???? I am having the same problem it takes a good 15 seconds to open/send sms messages
    Follow this post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ge...2/#post3735134
    10-03-09 09:39 PM
    It takes me a while 2 when I txt a certain person every1 else there's no lag it bugs me out like crazy

10-03-09 09:44 PM
    it used to happen to me with one person too, my girlfriend. We would send each other a lot of texts all day. So i went back like 1 week in my sms and deleted everything from her prior to that week. SMS was so much faster.... until a week later when the texting history was building up... but i just deleted it again
    10-04-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD