Hey everyone,

Ok. So I'm texting my wife on my 9630 running 5.0.0.416? (I think) and she sent me a text and I replied "good for you". Out of NOWHERE I get a reply from an unknown number saying "who's this?". The number doesn't look familiar, I text the person and say "who are you I have no idea who you are". The person said to look back and see that I texted them. I looked at my text history with my wife and there's the text listed amongst all the other messages I sent her. But none to this person. I looked through my Facebook phonebook, googled it, reverse lookup...nothing. Finally I get the balls to ask the name. She gives me her name. Doesn't ring a bell. No clue wtf just happened. Needless to say I apologized and wished her a happy holiday and we both laughed at it. THIS one was funny....but what just happened and how many other texts are going to strange people??? Need some serious insight on this one. I'm available for any questions.

Thanks in advance,

Brilor04

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 02:01 PM
    Hey everyone,

Ok. So I'm texting my wife on my 9630 running 5.0.0.416? (I think) and she sent me a text and I replied "good for you". Out of NOWHERE I get a reply from an unknown number saying "who's this?". The number doesn't look familiar, I text the person and say "who are you I have no idea who you are". The person said to look back and see that I texted them. I looked at my text history with my wife and there's the text listed amongst all the other messages I sent her. But none to this person. I looked through my Facebook phonebook, googled it, reverse lookup...nothing. Finally I get the balls to ask the name. She gives me her name. Doesn't ring a bell. No clue wtf just happened. Needless to say I apologized and wished her a happy holiday and we both laughed at it. THIS one was funny....but what just happened and how many other texts are going to strange people??? Need some serious insight on this one. I'm available for any questions.

Thanks in advance,

Brilor04

Seems as if VZW routed the text incorrectly. Oops!
    04-01-10 02:05 PM
    Did both your wife and the stranger get the message or only the stranger?

04-01-10 02:14 PM
    I had that happen once. Call it a network fart. Hehe.
    04-01-10 02:19 PM
    Only the stranger got it
    04-01-10 02:21 PM
    Why do I picture your wife standing next to you brandishing a 9 iron ...

J/K :P
    04-01-10 02:27 PM
    Sounds to me like a network mess up. Ive had that happen too.
    04-01-10 02:47 PM
    Never had that happen, but with the millions of SMS messages that fly around every day, it does not surprise me.
    04-01-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD