First off, I'm not having any problems whatsoever on my Tour... the phone is just... well... freakin' AWESOME!!!

But I do have a question, (please bare with me, this is my first ever BB)... Is there a way to have my sms inbox less "cluttery"? For example, evertime i open a message from person X, i can see the whole conversation by scrolling down... Now, is there a way to only have on entry in my sms inbox rather than having all the messages sent to me? In other words, is there a way to display only one entry for person X, one entry for person Y, and so forth? err... does that make any sense?
    07-12-09 04:06 PM
    Umm currently no , people say that it will come with a iphone like threaded msging in 5.0 , but who knows , as of now your stuck
    07-12-09 04:07 PM
    First off, I'm not having any problems whatsoever on my Tour... the phone is just... well... freakin' AWESOME!!!

But I do have a question, (please bare with me, this is my first ever BB)... Is there a way to have my sms inbox less "cluttery"? For example, evertime i open a message from person X, i can see the whole conversation by scrolling down... Now, is there a way to only have on entry in my sms inbox rather than having all the messages sent to me? In other words, is there a way to display only one entry for person X, one entry for person Y, and so forth? err... does that make any sense?
    It doesn't have threaded SMS, unfortunately.
    07-12-09 04:08 PM
    yupp 5.0 should have it, cant wait!!!
    07-12-09 04:21 PM
    So excited for threaded SMS in 5.0!
    I hope they go the innovative route and really do something spectacular.

I know there's not much you can do with threaded SMS, but the iPhone's looks REALLY nice. I hope we see at least some steps above Treo's threaded SMS.

5.0 Can't come any sooner. I'm so anxious.
    07-12-09 06:05 PM

You can't set it up per contact, but there's an option (at least on the 8830, I'm sure the Tour has it) under Options > SMS Text > Number of Previous Items. Just take it down to zero (or one, that's what I use, I like to see at least one message prior).
    07-12-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD