So i just upgraded to 5.0 for OS and BBM yesterday and love it. One issue however is with the threaded SMS. My life is pretty much texting so i always find the small glitches. When you are sending texts, you usually have a "d" for delivery and then it changes to "r" when the recipient receives the text. Did that get taken out of the 5.0 OS? Cause pretty much all the verizon phones have the small "r" to when a person receives your text message. Pretty useful in my opinion cause you can find out if a person actually got your message.

The "r" still works in bbm tho... but it feels like it changes to "r" from "d" only after a person responds to my bbm.

Another issue, and i'm not sure if it's cause i JUST upgraded and the sms is trying to sync with the server. But last night I picked up a friend like a hour after i upgraded and i was receiving text messages from him while we were both in the car. He told me he sent it like 30 minutes ago and i received the text messages he sent like 5 minutes ago. So i'm not sure if it's just a small temporary glitch or not.

Any advice would be helpful :-)
    10-09-09 10:36 AM
    Okay, so, for SMS on my OS 5.0.0.230, it's working correctly. Whenever the person's phone receives a SMS (if they are on verizon) it shows a "d" with a check mark on my threaded SMS.

On BBM, "d" means it was delivered and "r" means it was read, so I'd imagine it changes from "d" to "r" about when they respond to your message, which makes sense--they probably read the message and then respond right away. If it is, however, going from "r" to "d", well, that's just weird.

As for SMS delays, they happen. If you're really worried, call up someone and ask them to send you an SMS and see if you get it.
    10-09-09 10:51 AM
    Delivery confirmation "D" for SMS only works when you text another Verizon user. For phones on other networks, you will only get a check mark to know that it left your end.

You're confusing SMS with BBM. The "R" only happens in BBM when the other user reads your message. This was never a feature of SMS. It wasn't taken out in OS 5 since it never existed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD