I was having major issues with tethering speeds for the past month. Incredibly slow-loading web pages, timeouts etc., yet I was seeing full coverage bars and getting 1XEV/3g service. Also, I was getting delayed volume control response from the rocker buttons. I had read about the volume delay with some phones upgrading to 1030, so I reverted back to .983 and was STILL having issues. Soon thereafter I noticed that mp3 loading was getting laggy as well. I ended up re-formatting my media card(8gb), re-loading my mp3s, videos and pictures, and now my volume response and tethering speed is back to normal. I can understand the volume issue, but I don't know how my 9630 could benefit data-wise from a reformat. Is there some routing of data or caching through the media card with Tether?
    01-23-11 12:00 AM
    Well, I guess the honeymoon's over-last night was a fast phone and fast tethering post-reformat...Today after a battery pull the delay is back and data speeds are circling the drain. Maybe my Tour is ready for retirement!
    01-23-11 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD