I have Verizon and my Tour has been extremely slow as of late. The lag issues have been random; I will simply pick up my phone and see the spinning "load" symbol in the middle of my phone. I would understand if I was running multiple apps(Bolt, gtalk, messenger programs, etc.) and sometimes I do that. But I sometimes get these lag issues when I'm hardly running anything at all.

It has gotten worse as of late. I love the phone but these lag/slow issues are cumbersome. Any suggestions?
    07-09-11 02:24 PM
    Which OS version are you on?
    Options > About > Should be the third line down.
    07-09-11 02:28 PM
    Its best to delete all old read messages. Missed calls and do the memory cleaner. After all that, do a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 02:33 PM
    I also have a Tour (OS5) and was having some similar issues months back. Now after hanging out on CB, I have cleaned it up and it's like a new phone and has almost no lag, ever. In fact I am surprised how fast it runs now.

Some things I have done:

Hold down the Alt key and type LGLG, then select the BB menu key and choose "Clear Log", then Delete.

I turned off data compression under the "Options > Memory" screen.

And to really clean out all the garbage from a lot of app installs and uninstalls.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/yo...l-slow-625354/

Of course this all assumes you have enough free operating RAM and are not running any specific problem apps.

Still all this is easy to do just to make sure things are as clean as they can be.
    07-09-11 02:44 PM
    My OS is 5.0.0.675.

I think I'm going to delete a lot of old emails and such. I have 10 email accounts on here and I get over 50 emails a day on at least 2 of them, if not more. That's probably the main reason why. I will try that and if it still is slow, go through with the entire phone wipe.

What does turning off data compression do?
    07-09-11 03:47 PM
    My OS is 5.0.0.675.

I think I'm going to delete a lot of old emails and such. I have 10 email accounts on here and I get over 50 emails a day on at least 2 of them, if not more. That's probably the main reason why. I will try that and if it still is slow, go through with the entire phone wipe.

What does turning off data compression do?
    In computer science and information theory, data compression, source coding or bit-rate reduction is the process of encoding information using fewer bits than the original representation would use.
    I would think that keeping data compression on is good.
    07-09-11 03:58 PM
    Turning off the data compression means the phone does not have to use CPU cycles to do that. Though I would guess BlackBerries are efficient at it. I saw someone post they had solved some media card error issues by turning it off and decided to try.

I think clearing the log data is when I saw the biggest gain.

And there's no doubt thay after months and years of installs and uninstalls there will be some junk that a OS wipe can really aid in cleaning up. The specific issue I was having is I got the little clock when trying uninstall apps and it would hang forever. The wipe fixed it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 04:16 PM
    So keep data compression on? Mixed reports here...

I started deleting emails from one of my accounts at 4:51 and over 100 minutes later, I still have the 'loading' icon in the middle of the screen. One of my other accounts took about 20-30 minutes; I hope it really is deleting and my phone isn't frozen.
    07-09-11 05:30 PM
    Is there a way to have emails delete after a certain date?

I went to Messages > Options > General Options. At the bottom it says "Days To Keep Messages" and I have it set at 15. However, I just deleted emails from May, so either that setting is working, or I have another setting that supersedes it.
    07-09-11 06:20 PM
    Might not be working for your emails...
    07-26-11 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD