Skppin the Tour, grabbin the Onyx...

It's smaller, sweeter, has SV-DO and wifi. Much faster processor too.

VZWs just too far behind.

Who's with me?
    06-13-09 01:34 PM

Who's with me?
    I'd be with you if AT&T was even halfway decent in the DC area. Since it's not I'm going with the Tour.
    06-13-09 01:37 PM

Who's with me?
    Let me know how it is
    06-13-09 01:44 PM
    I'd be with you if AT&T was even halfway decent in the DC area. Since it's not I'm going with the Tour.
    I grew up in DC and remember how horrible ATT was (about 10 years ago). I guess it hasn't gotten much better?
    06-13-09 01:47 PM

Who's with me?
    Not me. I really don't like how the keyboard looks like it's falling off the phone. I'm sure the device will be amazing, but I can't sacrifice the switch to AT&T. Choppy service in my area, so it was never a temptation for me. Plus there's no way I could wait until the fall.
    06-13-09 01:48 PM
    If I could get one today I'd give AT&T a try. I think I read that it's not expected to be released until late summer/early fall. I can't wait that long. I need my crackberry fix! I've even thought about buying a Bold if the Tour is delayed much past the expected 7/13 release date.
    06-13-09 01:48 PM

Who's with me?
    SV-DO? No, that's a CDMA term, not GSM. But yes it's capable. The processor is just nasty fast. Boot time is next to nothing. While the 9630 is a great device, the Onyx is a better one.
    06-13-09 01:49 PM
    I don't understand why everyone bashes the Tour. The two most common comments are saying Ill skip it for the Bold or Onyx. They are all different models for a reason. People will choose each for his/her own reasons. Why does everyone feel the need to bash the 9630? Its going to be designed the way it is and its going to reach its audience. Just move on with it.
    Last edited by Maloneyyy; 06-13-09 at 01:53 PM.
    06-13-09 01:51 PM
    It doesn't matter if people bash the Tour because it will still be an amazing seller for Verizon.
    06-13-09 01:52 PM
    if the onyx was on verizon I would get it no doubt..

but its not going to be at least for a while..

so tour it is..
    06-13-09 01:57 PM
    The tour fits my needs I don't need the wifi I usually have 3g everywhere I go and being on a demo line with big red doesn't hurt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 02:08 PM
    I grew up in DC and remember how horrible ATT was (about 10 years ago). I guess it hasn't gotten much better?
    Unfortunately, no. It's ok for the most part in DC itself, but in Northern Virginia it's pretty awful. One of my roommates has AT&T and he is always having problems with dropped calls. AT&T not working on the Metro is another one of the reasons why I'm sticking with VZW.
    06-13-09 02:10 PM
    I am!!!!! No doubt about it. Can't wait.
    06-13-09 02:26 PM
    nah im sticking with the tour can't waitttttttt
    06-13-09 03:16 PM
    att is actually pretty decent in my area and my verizon contract ends in september, but the wait will kill me. it's TOUR for me.
    06-13-09 03:43 PM
    SV-DO? No, that's a CDMA term, not GSM. But yes it's capable. The processor is just nasty fast. Boot time is next to nothing. While the 9630 is a great device, the Onyx is a better one.
    just curious...what exactly does the Onyx do thats so much better then the Tour?
    06-13-09 04:13 PM
    (let me finish that sentence for you)

the Onyx is a better one...except for the whole At&t thing...

06-13-09 04:25 PM
    just curious...what exactly does the Onyx do thats so much better then the Tour?
    it will drop calls better than any other BB since itll be on americas worst network ATT
    06-13-09 04:28 PM
    it will drop calls better than any other BB since itll be on americas worst network ATT
    I lol'd at this.
    06-13-09 04:42 PM

Who's with me?
    Its definitely crossed my mind, but there's a big IF or two in the way.

Onyx is going to rogers Novemberish. Radio thinks its possible Telus might get it too, IF they get their new hspda network soft launched in the fall. I'd love wifi, but there is just too much up in the air. And I want something NOW.

06-13-09 06:10 PM
    If all you want to do is bash other carriers go do it in off topic, because you will not do it here.

@ the person who asked what it does better: its that the Onyx does it faster. In all forms. But that's just the way it is. Newer products are usually better. The Tour is a great device. And it's no slouch. If I was on Verizon, the 9630 would be a [B]MUST HAVE[\B] for me! At launch it will be the best CDMA device on the market and arguably the best BlackBerry on the market as well. It will for sure have the best BlackBerry browser on the market also. Again, the Tour is a great device and nothing can take away from that, not even the Onyx.
    06-13-09 06:29 PM
    I really hate how rogers gets all the good phones first, especially when they get garbage reception as soon as you leave the city (which is where I'm always using my phone)

I heard rumours that bell/telus were going to convert to a dual network at some point in the future. Is this still a possibility?
    06-13-09 06:29 PM
    I really hate how rogers gets all the good phones first, especially when they get garbage reception as soon as you leave the city (which is where I'm always using my phone)

I heard rumours that bell/telus were going to convert to a dual network at some point in the future. Is this still a possibility?
    Yep.

http://about.telus.com/cgi-bin/media_news_viewer.cgi?news_id=956&mode=2&news_year =2008

(Sorry, having trouble posting this as a link)

Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-13-09 at 07:02 PM.
    06-13-09 06:43 PM
    It doesn't matter if people bash the Tour because it will still be an amazing seller for Verizon.
    I know it still doesn't matter to the overall success of the Tour but it just seems like people have SUCH a gripe about it and they haven't even had a chance to use the phone.
    06-13-09 06:59 PM
    I don't understand why everyone bashes the Tour. The two most common comments are saying Ill skip it for the Bold or Onyx. They are all different models for a reason. People will choose each for his/her own reasons. Why does everyone feel the need to bash the 9630? Its going to be designed the way it is and its going to reach its audience. Just move on with it.
    I dont think people are bashing it. Its more like people are frustrated with the wait of this phone. I remember first hearing about the Niagara (now known as Tour) in August of last year. It still has not came out yet going on a year later. The phone is out dated by now... The tour should have came out along side of the Bold. Now we have far superior bb that are comming out soon like the Onyx and etc...
    06-13-09 10:06 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD