I've been looking for a stable GPS Tracking program for our family. We have 4 blackberry's between us (Wife, kids and I) and I want to be able to keep track of them similar to Chaperone for VZW regular phones. I've been using GPSTracker for the past few weeks because its free, and its....ok... Sometimes even with the GPS on the program freezes up and stops reporting the location of the handset. I haven't used SimpleTRAX yet because it charges monthly so I Figured before I commit to a trial I would see if any Berry Abusers here have used it?

The only downside I see to SimpleTRAX besides the monthly fee is the inability to change how often it reports your location. Like on GPSTracker I can set it in seconds. So I usally set it to around ever 15 minutes or 900 seconds. With SimpleTRAX it automatically reports every 3 minutes with no way to change it. The reason I go with 15 minutes is because I started at every 3 minutes when I first started using GPSTracker and the battery was drained 1/2 way through the day if the phone wasn't kept on a charger everywhere one was available. Since putting it up to 15 minutes I have 2-3 bars left when I get home from work at night.

Anyway, I would appreiate any input you have on either of these programs, or one that I dont know about. I would love to hear some alternatives. Also any tips, tricks you have with either. Thanks!
    08-25-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD