CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Which SIM works best with the Verizon BB

OK
    I want a outside SIM
    I can easily get unlocked from Verizon, I have had the account years and never been a day late.
    I just would like to have the ability to have a second # on my phone.
    Something I can use for calling people I dont want to just be able to get ahold of me, something for ummm those discreet moments.
    This is for US use (if I travel outside of the US I will conquer that when I come to it). If my Email and all work that is an added bonus but the phone working is most important.

Which SIM do I want to get? Id rather a pay and go for the lack of a bill in the mail and records.

Yes I did search and none of the posts really address this issue.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30B8E86B

Quote Originally Posted by JYogi View Post
    I just would like to have the ability to have a second # on my phone.
    Something I can use for calling people I dont want to just be able to get ahold of me, something for ummm those discreet moments.

Which SIM do I want to get? Id rather a pay and go for the lack of a bill in the mail and records.

Thanks!
    This post doesn't have "I don't want my wife/gf to know about the weekend booty calls" written all over it at all.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

haha while that would be perfect for that it is more for business reasons.

I do not need to hide those activities, no one to hide them from in the relationship aspect.

In my industry sometimes you need discretion and this makes it much easier than carrying a pay and go phone as well....
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    S SHOULD ALWAYS BE ASKED FOR!

Why not try a google voice number?
    LG VX3200: Samsung SCH-N330: LG "V": Samsung Alias: Samsung Gleam: Samsung U540: Blackberry Tour

PM ME YOUR PIN IF YOU WANT TO CHAT

Do Work

Have a Nice Day

CrackBerry User

google voice all day.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

google voice doesnt really work for me. i wanted my calls forwarded to my blackberry from another phone but i dont think it works like that. ppl call that google number and it calls my phone. and it isnt exactly free. within setting up my number i owed 10 cents. but intresting if there is a pay in go service with data that i can use so i only pay for the minutes and what not i use.
    Houston Rockets.
    Tennessee Titans.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I have had Google voice, just not what I want....

I want another # on my phone that I can turn on and use as I need. Yes I am aware its one # or the other you cant get calls from both #s at the same time, you have to switch for the time period you want to use it.

But what I like about the card is when I am done I toss it if I want and it is history....
    CrackBerry User

so youre pushing drugs. hope you get it all figured out so you can fly under the radar
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

go purchase a tmo pay as you go cheapo phone for $25 at wallmart, target, radio shack, cvs, etc. activate the phone sim card. unlock your tour. insert tmo sim card.

i have not gotten a tour yet, but a friend of mine has a bb from work, but can't use it for personal calls, so he carries 2 phones. He is asking his work to upgrade him to a tour so he can now carry 1 phone. I am not sure how this will work for him since I think you can only have one radio active at a time? If so, if his cdma radio is active while at work, and someone calls his sim card #, not sure what happens. But this is his idea to try out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by kn0thing View Post
    so youre pushing drugs. hope you get it all figured out so you can fly under the radar
    Ummm no, I work in the security industry. Sorry you are so close minded and ignorant to think getting some tail or illegal activities are the only reasons to need privacy or discretion...

Quite ignorant.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Doesn't matter they all work for what you want to do (voice only) which is the same reason I got it. AT&T or TMO Pay as you go cards are fine.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30CC6962

Sorry for the thread necromancy..

So is it possible to buy a pre-paid SIM card and put it in my Tour and have 2 numbers? Even if I could only use one at a time that would still be a neat feature.
    CrackBerry Addict

Just a note on GV.. I use it for business for outgoing calls and I now have it set on DND (Do Not Disturb).. and I forward unanswered calls to GV... so if anyone returns the call, then they get rolled to VM.

Also, there's an app in BB App World (a top free app) for spoofing your caller ID. Forget the name of the App. You can pick the number you want to spoof as. Free service is limited to short calls and you hear an ad before the connect.
    I write about stuff, including Blackberry stuff here http://tbottle.com and you can follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/techbottle
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    PIN
    30c28313

Quote Originally Posted by cvlowe View Post
    Sorry for the thread necromancy..

So is it possible to buy a pre-paid SIM card and put it in my Tour and have 2 numbers? Even if I could only use one at a time that would still be a neat feature.
    Yes it is, I use T-mobile prepaid and it is freaking awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com