I have Alltel service-do not use a SIM card. All of a sudden tonight my service goes out and the screen says "Insert SIM Card". If I go to connections and look up my options it says my network is "AT&T". What is going on? I have pulled the battery and let the phone sit and it still does the same thing. A couple times when I restarted it it would say "T-Mobile", or "none" next to mobile network.

What is going on?? Any useful advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
    07-24-10 11:27 PM
    Go to Manage Connections> Mobile Network Options> Network Technology, make sure it's set to "1XEV"
    07-24-10 11:38 PM
    THANKS! Just did that before you posted and it is working now. What would have caused it to change to the gsm/umts on its own?
    07-24-10 11:42 PM
    GSM is your auto backup if you have bad service. It probably switched when it could not find the sim card.
    07-24-10 11:47 PM
    Your phone defaults to "Global" after a battery pull, so it will search for any available network, can be GSM or CDMA. Your phone will search for the best available network. So being it was set to "Global" and it has a SIM card in it scanned for GSM networks too. Your Alltel service probably wasn't too good at the time it happened.

You can do a couple things; take your SIM out and/or remember to switch it from "Global" to "1XEV" after a reset.
    07-24-10 11:50 PM
    THANKS for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-24-10 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD